cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible phone not found in the list, Alcatel model 5044G am I out of luck to use PM?

One2Many
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

Just bought a sim card at Walmart, the store clerk said my sim card has been activated, installed into my alcatel phone, it didn't work. Check the community solutions, found out that my alcatel phone model 5044G is not in the list, although the APN was correct and my network found TELUS LTE, but it won't link my sim card that was detected correctly. Any suggestions or solutions, please help.

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

@One2Many  I'm happy that you've been able to activate and have all your services. To clarify and so I can edit my post if this information is correct. Is this your model of phone?

Alcatel One Touch Pop 3 5.5 LTE 5054A13
GSM
2G, 2.5G
100% (2/2)
UMTS
3G, 3.5G, 3.5G (4G speed)
100% (2/2)
LTE
4G
100% (1/1)

The 5044G and 5054A are entirely dfferent models. As from the title, the 5044G is an Alcatel U50.  There should be many Alcatel models that are compatible with Public Mobile. I don't believe that the 5054A is the only one. The U50 5044G isn't a 2g-only device and is Public Mobile compatible.

@One2Many  I'm happy that you've been able to activate and have all your services. To clarify and so I can edit my post if this information is correct. Is this your model of phone?

Alcatel One Touch Pop 3 5.5 LTE 5054A13
GSM
2G, 2.5G
100% (2/2)
UMTS
3G, 3.5G, 3.5G (4G speed)
100% (2/2)
LTE
4G
100% (1/1)

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Im glad its working fine, welcome to PM, the community is here to help you.

One2Many
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for a solution, finally found out that the issue was my activation was not completed until in several hours later in the morning as I did submit activation just after midnight. When got up in the morning, inserted the sim cards and found or recognized by PM network. Great advice. 

[* ........ Luddite]

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/DVedU8a/alcatel-one-touch-pop-3-5-5-lte-5054a/p...

It's all laid out out for you above....the one touch pop is the only current Alcatel fully compatible with public mobile unfortunately yours is the least compatible.

@One2Many  Your phone model is not compatible on public mobile as its 2G only.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@One2Many try resetting your network

1. Touch Apps.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Scroll to and touch System.
  4. Touch Reset options.
  5. Touch Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
  6. Touch RESET SETTINGS.
  7. If youʼre prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch the Next icon.
  8. Touch RESET SETTINGS.

then restart your phone. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@One2Many who was your previous provider? If it was Telus, Koodo it should work without any issues. If it was Bell, Virgin or Lucky it is definitely compatible but might need to be unlocked. Does anything work?

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know with iphones, sometimes need to, power off,put sim restart, phone, than will, work, is the phone locked to telus???? hope it works

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@One2Many was your phone used on another network is it unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.