cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of ONePlus 5T with Public Mobile Network

linggeaskrish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will the newly released OnePlus 5T be able to ride on LTE coverage with current Public Mobile's network? Following is the info from the OnePlus' website 

LTE

Supports 3xCA
Supports 64QAM & 256QAM
Supports up to DL CAT 12 (600 Mbps)
UL CAT 13 (150 Mbps) depending on carrier support

Bands

FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66
TDD-LTE: Band 34/38/39/40/41
TD-SCDMA: Band 34/39
UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4/5/8
CDMA: BC0
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

That system returns too many false results.  If I understand correctly, there is only 1 model of the OnePlus 5T, and they do work on this network.  @srlawren, can you confirm?

@stonechucker confirmed:  aside from colour and memory/storage variations, there is only one SKU in regards to regions/network compatbility.

@t_mo_t it will work.  The IMEI checker on PM's site is pretty much useless.  Feel free to confirm on https://www.willmyphonework.net (which is the reliable way to check compatibility), but I can tell you I've been using mine since Nov 22 2017 without issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

That system returns too many false results.  If I understand correctly, there is only 1 model of the OnePlus 5T, and they do work on this network.  @srlawren, can you confirm?

t_mo_t
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I m trying to migrate to public mobile from speakout, but when i input my IMEi, it says 

Your device will not work on our Network.
Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.

so will my OnePlus 5T work using PM?

srlawren

Quick update:  OnePlus 5T has now been Android Oreo (8.0) (stable/official, not beta) for...I guess about a month now.  Phone is working wonderfully, with even longer battery life generally.  No difference to compatibility wtih PM, all works wonderfully.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@maamdiab No issues so far, absolutely love it.  Phenomenal phone for the $!  LTE works perfectly, best speed test to date was 189.88 Mbps download speed on Public Mobile near downtown Vancouver--no complaints! 

Still on 7.1.1 (Nougat), though 8.0 (Oreo) beta is out.  I'm waiting for the stable version, and in the meantime I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.  🙂

maamdiab

Hi @srlawren

How's the OnePlus 5T so far? Has it been working with no issues? Is it Okay on the LTE with PM? I am thinking about getting one.

Also what Android version is it running? Has it been updating the since you got the phone? Did you buy it from OP directly?

Sorry too many questions here.

Thanks,

srlawren

@ShawnC13 it's silky smooth and very very fast! I thought my OP3 was fast but there's no doubt this is more so. Feels good in the hand, though I'm still adjusting to the on-screen nav vs capacitive buttons, and the fingerprint reader on the back--though the face unlock helps with the latter. So far there isn't much not to like, though I do wish it had been available in slate gray at launch but the midnight black is nice too.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about? I haven't had a chance to play with the cameras yet but will soon  

@srlawren, SO HOW IS IT?!?!?!?!?!  I know you haven't had ti long but we all know you stayed up late playing around with the new phone.  So fill us in and let us know what you like or if there are things you don't like.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@linggeaskrish typing this reply on mine right now. Is there anything you would like to know about in particular? 

Although I've never experienced the event, it sounds like you're an expectant new father 🙂

I remember getting my Nexus 5, 4 days before expected delivery date.  That was extra special 🙂

srlawren

UPDATE:  good lord, it's already been delivered to my office.  That was FAST!!  I ordered my OP3 on June 14, 2016 shortly after the announcement and it didn't make it to me (at the same office) unitl June 21st.  When I orderd the 5T yesterday morning, OP said estimated delivery Nov 27th, which seemed about in line.  Can't believe it made it in just over 33 hours from me clicking the order button.  If I get a chance, I'll drive in tonight and pick it up; otherwise it will be tomorrow.  Not sure I can make it!  🙂

srlawren

@linggeaskrish mine is supposed to be delivered to my office by end of today apparently, though I'm thinking it may end up being tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm working at home today and wasn't really planning to go to the office tomorrow, but I may just have to modify my plans.  I'll have some initial impressions up shortly after getting it in my hands, but based on 17+ months with my OP3, and all the 5T youtube reviews I've been watching since the launch last Thursday morning, I'm not expecting to be disappointed.  🙂

linggeaskrish

I certainly have it in mind. My OnePlus One is still going on strong so I am waiting for the reviews to be out before making my decision.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This phone is compatible with all Canadian carriers including public mobile.

@will13am small caveat:  you may or may not get working LTE band 66 for Freedom Mobile.  Officially they only support devices that are purchased directly from them.  The OP5T does indeed support band 66.  Not sure if anyone has tried one on FM yet though to confirm one way or the other.

@linggeaskrish did you order one today?  🙂

Lol, freedom mobile is in my rear view mirror.  I don't see myself every going back to the service, unless they can improve the network and will give me $25 per month plans that I gave up.  Definitely when the OPO quits working, I will be shopping one plus again.

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

@will13am small caveat:  you may or may not get working LTE band 66 for Freedom Mobile.  Officially they only support devices that are purchased directly from them.  The OP5T does indeed support band 66.  Not sure if anyone has tried one on FM yet though to confirm one way or the other.

@linggeaskrish did you order one today?  🙂

Yes, it's fully compatible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

linggeaskrish

I've ner thought of it, brilliant! Thanks! 

@linggeaskrish If you select OnePlus 5, you will see that its fully compatible. So look up the specs for OnePlus 5 and compare them to OnePlus 5T. 

linggeaskrish

Thanks for the suggestion but the website does not list OnePlus 5T yet. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

you can check the compatibility of your phone using this site:

https://willmyphonework.net

Need Help? Let's chat.