cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime (2017)

ElizabethButt82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I run this account for my elderly father but decided that I'd like to switch to Public Mobile from Lucky. There are so many perks. I checked the compatibility for the phone listed in the subject line and that specific one is not listed. However, it says that compatibility for the Galaxy J3 is fine. My phone is unlocked and currently on a 3g network. Thoughts?

11 REPLIES 11

ElizabethButt82

I rarely call phone companies for help anyway as I don't have the patience for it. So this would be great if I can reach someone on here in minutes. What is Telus Health?

ElizabethButt82

I am pretty sure I saw this option when activated Public Mobile for my dad. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElizabethButt82 wrote:

My service cycle with Lucky Mobile usually ends on the 30th of the month. I just ordered my SIM card for Public Mobile so how would I go about porting my number over but activating by January 15th to get the promotion? Would I get a temporary number until then? Good to know my phone will work on the network. Thanks.

You can always activate first with any number and then port your number after.

ElizabethButt82

My service cycle with Lucky Mobile usually ends on the 30th of the month. I just ordered my SIM card for Public Mobile so how would I go about porting my number over but activating by January 15th to get the promotion? Would I get a temporary number until then? Good to know my phone will work on the network. Thanks.

@ElizabethButt82 wrote:

Yes that's what I mean. I want to switch as well. I live about an hour away from my dad but will certainly give that a try. Is it that hard to port a number from one prepaid service to another? I am constantly getting email offers from Lucky trying to get me to go back to Bell and their prices are, well, outrageous. Seems like Public Mobile has a lot more to offer when it comes to saving on your phone bill.

Both Lucky and Public Mobile run on identical 3G/LTE bands.  If you phone worked on the Lucky service and is SIM unlocked, it will work the same on Public Mobile.  No need to do any testing.  With all the ongoing offers, this is as good of a time as any to jump to this service.  Just remember to keep using the old service so that you can acknowledge the port request when moving your number over.  

Presshi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s really not hard at all. You’re able to do so as you register online. You don’t even have to inform your current Lucky providers. Just have your account number and fill in the rest of the information requested. Public Mobile is a great service provider. No, you can’t talk to anyone over the phone, but it’s been a year, and I haven’t had a reason to. Understand what it is you’re signing up for, and you won’t get a headache from these guys. I also like their new Telus Health stuff. Feels like I’m getting more for my buck👌

Hi @ElizabethButt82 

It's very easy to port from one prepaid to another.  

If you are going to port in the next 8 days, be sure to register for any activation promotions currently being offered (like the Boxing Day deal!!) as well as registering for the More the Merrier holiday promotion. Lots of nice goodies out there for new activations - see the Announcement section on the community homepage for everything that's going on.

And be sure to use the referral code on your father's self serve screen so you can each get a nice bonus. 

You'll see it looks like this:

HALIMACS_0-1608734535023.png

ElizabethButt82

Yes that's what I mean. I want to switch as well. I live about an hour away from my dad but will certainly give that a try. Is it that hard to port a number from one prepaid service to another? I am constantly getting email offers from Lucky trying to get me to go back to Bell and their prices are, well, outrageous. Seems like Public Mobile has a lot more to offer when it comes to saving on your phone bill.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ElizabethButt82 

Yes, the J3 Prime (2017) will work.  

When you say you run this account for your elderly father, do you mean that he is currently with Public Mobile service and you're with Lucky and YOU want to switch to Public Mobile as well?

If so, you could take the Public Mobile SIM card in your father's phone and put it in your J3 Prime to confirm it works on the Public Mobile network.

When you decide to switch from Lucky, be sure to read the following details regarding porting your number to ensure the port goes smoothly:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ElizabethButt82 wrote:

I run this account for my elderly father but decided that I'd like to switch to Public Mobile from Lucky. There are so many perks. I checked the compatibility for the phone listed in the subject line and that specific one is not listed. However, it says that compatibility for the Galaxy J3 is fine. My phone is unlocked and currently on a 3g network. Thoughts?

Hi @ElizabethButt82 ,

Are you having issues with services using this phone?

If you are checking the compatibility list on the Public Mobile link unfortunately that list is not fully inclusive of everything that is compatible. Phone should work:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/samsung-galaxy-j3-2017 

esjliv_0-1608721017884.png

Need Help? Let's chat.