cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Phone Compatibility

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Quick question to make sure I have this right and do not accidentally give anyone poor advice.

When I check my phone for compatibility on the Get Started link  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started it shows the below information.

Danchvn_0-1593793066858.png

When I see the green check marks I get the impression that it means my phone is good with Public Mobile for those bands. I read the disclaimer below it and see the bands are more limited than this example.

I can see by this example that my phone is compatible, in fact have been using it with Public mobile for three months now but my question is this:

If a particular phone has those green check marks to the left does it mean the phone is actually compatible with Public mobile or do the bands/freqs have to match what is in the disclaimer?

If the green check marks do not necessarily mean that the phone is actually compatible, my follow up question would be: What do the green Check marks mean?

Thanks much. 

5 REPLIES 5

Danchvn

Thank you @tabi159w . I was only using my phone which I currently use with PM as an example for my questions. I guess I could have worded my post better to make sure people would more easily tell that I was really looking for education on what those green check marks actually mean. 

tabi159w

When I look, it seems like your phone does list the bands required by PM.

Danchvn

@Triguy The main reason I was asking was that another phone I looked up had the green check marks to the left of 3G and 4 G but the bands/freq listed beside the 4G line did not include any of the bands/freqs listed under 4G for Public Mobile in the disclaimer.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The green check marks means the phone has the necessary bands to work on PM.  I think a disclaimer is noted as warning which bands that PM utilizes so not always a guarantee of compatibility.

@Danchvn 

The Public Mobile website has long failed to tell customers that the "3g" network part is required for phone calls.  There have been some customers in the past who found this out the hard way.

Need Help? Let's chat.