cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Samsung Phone Info

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Figured this could be useful since popular device and Public has the bring your own device structure. Especially those having issues with compatibility on Public (Telus) networks.

BACK UP EVERYTHING BECAUSE THIS WILL ERASE YOUR PHONE!

First off just in case anyone is unsure where it is & does not have box handy type in:

*#06#

This will display your phones IMEI number 

Next enter:

*#272*[IMEI]#

This will open a screen with 3 letter carrier codes

Now select:

TLS

This is Telus' loader

Your phone will now factory reset. When it comes back online you will have all the correct Telus frequencies (for LTE) all Telus software (not really necessary but whatever) and your phone will now display correct load screens (as if you were using a Bell/Rogers/American version there are differences). Also if your carrier locked out frequencies (eg Wind or Tmobile) you should have full support now for Telus.

Note there are no flanker brand codes; Telus/Koodo/Public are same, as are with other carriers. Telus is correct code to enable Public support for everything.

12 REPLIES 12

vdallaire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did the *#272*[IMEI]# but I do not have the TLS option.

How can I add the Telus' Loader?

Thanks you.

markjanzen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GroovyBro wrote:

@kav2001c But I was asking if (XAC) is indeed slower to push updates than (TLS).

I'm aware that unlocking from carriers does not change how often you get updates. 

I would know since my Telus S7 is carrier unlocked.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

good question. for the 3 updates I've got on my s7, two were on the same day as major carriers and one was last in line so i don't really know how samsung picks the priority of the carriers vs xac firmware updates

its been inconsistent so far with the s7.

GroovyBro

@kav2001c But I was asking if (XAC) is indeed slower to push updates than (TLS).

I'm aware that unlocking from carriers does not change how often you get updates. 

I would know since my Telus S7 is carrier unlocked.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

@GroovyBro correct as in that scenario he has loaded Telus software

Whichever software he has loaded effects where updates come from

But unlocking device does not get faster updates

Only phones that were never locked (bought direct from Samsung) get those

GroovyBro

@kav2001c But Mark told Andy that after doing the aforemetioned procedure, he would start recieveing updates from Telus.

@GroovyBro unlocking your phone does not change how often you get updates as updates are carrier specific. I think you are confused with unlocking vs buying the device direct from manufacturer unlocked. 

GroovyBro

@markjanzen I thought that Canadian carriers notorious at not pushing out the Samsung monthly security updates. I only get updates like once every three months on my Telus S7 while other countries get them monthly and on time.

Shouldn't the unlocked be much better at pushing updates?

markjanzen

^it would be from telus...if you go by recent samsung update schedule telus is actually faster than the unlocked version (XAC) for getting the latest update for the s7

i think public should get their own CLC code - Koodo has one so why not PM?

Andy1000
By doing this would my android update start coming from Telus or it would still come from previous provider?

@GroovyBro you could always root the device and load stock Android

GroovyBro

@kav2001c Is there a way to do this without getting all the preloaded Telus apps?

Is there an option to press to turn it to Factory Image where there aren't any preloaded Telus apps like the "My account" app?

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c This is great advice for people buying unlocked Samsung devices that were originally sold on a different carrier. I have used this code myself before.

Need Help? Let's chat.