cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Changing SIM card

I've been a PM customer for years now and need to get a new phone.  The new phone has a different size SIM card.  Can I go to a Telus outlet or anywhere else to purchase one or do I need to do it on-line.  As well, how much is it?  Thanks

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Changing SIM card

@johnbee

There are no physical outlets for Public Mobile SIM cards.

You can get a replacement by following the steps posted here; Need a replacement SIM card?

They are free.

Legend

Hello,

PM SIM cards are always free. Do not use a card from Telus as that would create an incompatibility between card and phone.

To order a SIM card, go to this site's homepage and click on Contact Us in the lower column. A new page with Email Away will open. Click that. Another page will open with a web form. Complete it as appropriate, and submit it to PM. In about 1 to 3 weeks, your new card should arrive.

Cheers.
DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great options from @Martin and @Griff but you could always get it cut as well and you won't have to wait as long. Any cell shop and in some cases Koodo kiosks will do it for free.

Usually involves putting in a punch machine like a stapler and there is a die inside to make it come out the right size.

Here is a video from YouTube...

http://youtu.be/6-E2T3KILtI
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DK

I would think that would be Koodo Dealers and not the corporate owned kiosks. 

I've seen issues with cut SIM cards, either lack of connectivity or damage to the SIM tray. 

Legend

DK,

There was a poster, a couple of weeks ago, who was encouraged by a responder to cut his own SIM. YouTube videos were also mentioned. He revisited the community to state that he had ruined his card, and was going to wait for a new one to be delivered by mail.

I believe that the last word that he used in his post is "sad".
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone for their help.

I think I'll order one rather than getting it cut. I need the phone for work so I can't take any chances.

Cheers

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^Too be honest it isn't Rocket Science. Very easy to do.
DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes guys I know you can damage the sim. I have seen people do it and no issues. Just keeping options open that's all.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim card did not take need to transfer back