cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Phones

ScottishJimmy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since switching to Public Mobile I have been using an unlocked LG G6. Today the phone died, charger port is broken and will no longer charge.

I had my previous phone which was an LG G4. I called Bell, unlocked the phone and inserted my Public Mobile SIM card. A few times PUBLIC MOBILE came up on the screen, but since then nothing. I have removed and reinstalled the SIM card twice and restarted the device. Is there anything else I have to do?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite the solution giver gets a solution! Woohoo. 🙂

ScottishJimmy

Thank you everyone!

Factory reset of the phone worked. Appreciate everyone's time in this. Public Mobile services are too good for me to get a new phone with a contract for twice the price.

ScottishJimmy

Yes, I put the "spacer" around the SIM card so it fits.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ScottishJimmy wrote:

Since switching to Public Mobile I have been using an unlocked LG G6. Today the phone died, charger port is broken and will no longer charge.

I had my previous phone which was an LG G4. I called Bell, unlocked the phone and inserted my Public Mobile SIM card. A few times PUBLIC MOBILE came up on the screen, but since then nothing. I have removed and reinstalled the SIM card twice and restarted the device. Is there anything else I have to do?

@ScottishJimmy 

To ENSURE the LG G4 is unlocked, try another person's non-Bell SIM card in the device to see if it can access the other provider's services.

If so, then you'll know it is unlocked.

Also, try manually selecting the Public Mobile network from network settings.   The device may be attempting to connect to Bell.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ScottishJimmy  Previous reports suggest LG phones often required factory reset to connect properly to PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try putting the sim in your other phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ScottishJimmy ,

Are the SIM slots the same size? If the LG G4 is larger you will need the outer cartridge to go around it. Do you have one?

You can probably get one from a cell shop for free, if you asked.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ScottishJimmy wrote:

Hi @ScottishJimmy 

Do you have any services on the LG G4? Are you sure Bell unlocked it?

Try going into airplane mode for a few minutes, than back to regular mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.