cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Phones since, plan not working

esi_aya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello:
 My telephone recently stopped working so I changed from a Samsung s4 to an LGx power. Since putting my SIM card into the new phone, I can only make and receive phone calls. I can no longer access any of the other services associated with my account (see below). Please inform me of how to fix this issue. Thank you. 

My  plan includes: -
  • - 2GB Data
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
9 REPLIES 9

@esi_aya wrote:

Still have problems sending messages. Sometimes they go, most times they don't. Is it possible to give me a step by step on how to check APN settings. I am so frustrated. I took my phone back to where I bought it and I'm told the phone is fine I should check with my service provider. 

As mentioned above by @will13am, SMS are independent of data services and therefore don't need APN settings. If the problem is with picture messaging / MMS then you should follow the directions in @ShawnC13's link.

Did texting work on your old phone?

Does data work on your new phone (if you have problems with MMS only)?

Have you tried a third party texting app from the Google Play store, like Google messages or Textra?

esi_aya

Still have problems sending messages. Sometimes they go, most times they don't. Is it possible to give me a step by step on how to check APN settings. I am so frustrated. I took my phone back to where I bought it and I'm told the phone is fine I should check with my service provider. 

esi_aya

Still cannot send regular text messages!!! Sometimes they go, sometimes they don't. 

kacey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you check your phone's IMEI number to see if the new phone is compatible?

The tool is located below:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It does seem strange that text does not work.  That doesn't require any APN settings.  MMS does. 

@esi_aya, it does sound like your APN settings might need to be updated.  Here is a good thread with a link to a great site that will give you apn settings for your phone as well as where to change them in your settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Network-compatibility-and-APN-setting...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esi_aya

I agreed with both of the above posts; if you are able to make calls then you should be able to send SMS as well.

That leaves MMS and Data which can both be impacted if you don't have the right APN settings.  Use the above link to ensure everything is correct, reboot your device.  If this works or you're still having issues, make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esi_aya,

Does texting work as well?

For the Data, you may need to update your phone's APN settings.

To do so, follow this link for the instructions:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is the phone able to connect to the network?  If not then there is a problem with the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.