cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the number of rings before going to voicemail

fathom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just an FYI as I had a hard time finding the correct sequence to enter

First, call yourself , leave a message and find out what your voicemail number is

In my case in the GTA East is **********

Then, enter the following sequence.

The last digit of the sequence is the number of seconds before going to voicemail.

You are allowed between 5 sec and 30 sec (in 5 sec increments)

**61*+1YourLocalNumberVoicemail*11*5#

in my case for 5 sec

**61*+1**********11*5#

If it was for 30sec it woud be

**61*+1***********11*30#

Hope this helps someone

29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ac56 : Thanks for the reply.

Interesting that a reference that I use doesn't work for the so-called All Calls but uses the 11 for so-called Voice Calls. The extra * in front and the + are extraneous.

But no, that answer from them is wrong.

We find that on occasion around here but some people put all their "faith" in the CSA's as though they have the final word. Obviously they have to do internal account tinkering but these kinds of questions can come out wrong.

@Ac56 wrote:

Yes...if CSA is whoever answers from public mobile 

No problem. I thought that you were saying to use that method.

Ac56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes...if CSA is whoever answers from public mobile 

Ac56

Yes, this is the inaccurate info I got from moderator. Someone asked for it... To clarify perhaps? Or see if there was another way. The way the moderator suggested did not work for me 

@Ac56 wrote:

I asked how to change number of rings before going to voicemail.

Answer: I would like to mention this is the way that you can change the number of rings on your phone before goes to voicemail.

To activate: *61*(number)**(The timer Value must be in increments of 5 as a minimum to a maximum of 30) # + SEND

Is that the incorrect answer that a CSA gave you?

Ac56

I asked how to change number of rings before going to voicemail.

Answer: I would like to mention this is the way that you can change the number of rings on your phone before goes to voicemail.

To activate: *61*(number)**(The timer Value must be in increments of 5 as a minimum to a maximum of 30) # + SEND

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ac56 : We regulars hear about that sometimes. Thanks for repeating it. We'd be interested to know your question to them and their answer...if you'd be willing to share. Don't provide anything personal here.

Ac56

Thank you. Got it. Info from moderator wasn't accurate.

Ac56

Thanks

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No.  Its as if you r making a phone call. 

@Ac56 

try this.

**61*+1YourLocalNumberVoicemail*11*5#

The last digit 5 is 5 seconds till voicemail. Change it to a number you want in 5 increment up to 30.

This is the  updated list of local voicemail access numbers across Canada for reference:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Ac56

Do I go into voicemail before I do all this?

FDR13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On my LG flipfone pressing the "*" key twice in quick succession produces a "+".  Pressing and holding the "0" key initiates dialing.

So check your phone manual to find out how to make the "+" if Nikita's or my suggestion does not work.

Otherwise, great post.  Very clear instructions.  You get my Bravo.

skrdan
It's the same thing as previously described:
Long press the number zero, there's a plus(+) sign that will be entered. This us found below,under the numbers keypad on flip-top phones; on the left under #7 you've an asterisk and then there's #0 with a plus sign and under #9 you've got a #sign and a replay sign.

Bolero

@Nikita wrote:

Hi

So i figured it out 

First dial *#61#

This bypasses a call. It talks to your phone directly to get the forwarding number of your voice mail and number of sec set before forwarding. 

Write the number down

Now dial exactly like this with 2 stars and the plus sign (long press 0 to get the plus sign)

**61*+1XXXXXXX*11*30#

XXXXXXX is the number you previously got 

30 is the time in sec you want . 

Must be between 5-30 in 5 sec increments. 

Anyone know how to enter the plus sign on a flip phone as in this sequence above  **61*+1XXXXXXX*11*30#  

Nikita

Not sure what u mean ..  the phone number is a voice mail number...  A general voice mail number accordinf ro region. 🙂 

Milk

Don’t think it’s wise to publicize your phone number. I hope one of our fine Oracles will notice that and get in touch with you. 

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nikita 

thanks! I was wondering about this recently 🤗

Nikita

Hey Ajaz,

Call forwarding is also used to transfer towards your voice mail. So its ok.  It should work now .When u dont amswer after amount of time it will forward to voice mail. Test it out 🙂 

ajaz

Hi I followed your instructions and thank you for them. When I finished I got a message saying that my call forwarding had been set up.

I don't really want or need to call forwarding.

All I was trying to do was increase the number of rings on my phone before going to voicemail.

What do you recommend?

ajaz

Hi I followed your instructions and thank you for them. When I finished I got a message saying that my call forwarding had been set up.

I don't really want or need to call forwarding.

All I was trying to do was increase the number of rings on my phone before going to voicemail.

What do you recommend?

Nikita

Hehe me too. Some rwason i thought it was  meaning pause. Lol

Glad it worjed for you 🙂

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nikita

That worked! For some reason, I never even noticed that little + on the 0 before I started trying this. Also, until I saw you say long press, I couldn't figure out how to use it. That other little code worked like a charm.

Nikita

Hi

So i figured it out 

First dial *#61#

This bypasses a call. It talks to your phone directly to get the forwarding number of your voice mail and number of sec set before forwarding. 

Write the number down

Now dial exactly like this with 2 stars and the plus sign (long press 0 to get the plus sign)

**61*+1XXXXXXX*11*30#

XXXXXXX is the number you previously got 

30 is the time in sec you want . 

Must be between 5-30 in 5 sec increments. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm having this issue as well. Tried updating my parent's phone to 30s but it keeps telling me invalid doing a direct dial (yes I updated the sequence for their voicemail box).

Nikita

hi, at what point do i enter this sequence.  Like i dont understand, do i pick up phone and just dial **61.  cause it says i cant do that.    

thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fathom bookmarked for future reference.  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I think you just missed: "You are allowed between 5 sec and 30 sec (in 5 sec increments)"

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

What's the longest rings before going into voicemail you can set?

Need Help? Let's chat.