cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my SIM didn't work

inboxofjeremys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

The issue is I pulled my SIM card out of my phone and it got damaged, I bought a new SIM card and went to my account and clicked change SIM and it said successful but my phone still says no SIM, I tried another phone and it says no SIM as well. I have now tried 4 times and each time it says SIM card change successful but carrier never showed up on either of my phones
11 REPLIES 11

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yeah I could see that happening. SIM changed but needed a restart to work. Instead the Change SIM function used again and now the new SIM is toast.

AE_Collector.

The phone wouldn't say no sim unless sim was inserted with phone turned on.  The reboot could make the service work  but wouldn't be needed if the sim wasn't already in the phone.

Yeah I could see that happening. SIM changed but needed a restart to work. Instead the Change SIM function used again and now the new SIM is toast.

AE_Collector.

@inboxofjeremys  By using the change sim card option multiple times it's possible that you also deactivated the new sim. Best to submit a ticket as I recommended above.

@inboxofjeremys That's a tough one. Did you restart each phone as you inserted the sim? 

Can't see two sims being defective. Get in touch with @CS_Agent  if you don't get it working; they may help you with getting a refund for the sim you purchased and maybe a replacement sim if indeed the two sims are damaged. 

inboxofjeremys

Tried my iPhone 8, Asus M1, wife's iPhone se

@inboxofjeremys wrote:

Yes, tried 3 now, my spare,wife's and sons

@inboxofjeremys  Submit a ticket to Public Mobile and include the new sim number that you used.

PMST.png

Sounds like your phone (sim socket) MAY have been damaged? What kind of phone Is it? 

inboxofjeremys

The issue is I pulled my SIM card out of my phone and it got damaged, I bought a new SIM card and went to my account and clicked change SIM and it said successful but my phone still says no SIM, I tried another phone and it says no SIM as well. I have now tried 4 times and each time it says SIM card change successful but carrier never showed up on either of my phones

inboxofjeremys

Yes, tried 3 now, my spare,wife's and sons

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@inboxofjeremys  No sim means your device is not detecting the sim card. Sounds like it might be that the tray or device was also damaged. Did you test the new sim in a device that is currently working? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@inboxofjeremys 

Will restart your phone make any difference?

Need Help? Let's chat.