cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified pre-owned "very good" or "great" condition

RB11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone have experience with PM's "very good" or "great" condition iphones, in terms of actual physical condition, battery life, etc? 

I'm considering picking up one but not sure if it's better to hold out and pay extra for one that's "like new". The descriptions on the site are helpful but am worried they down play condition.  

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

@darlicious wrote:

@couleewayne 

Public Mobile is great in many ways their shipping is not one of them.

Just hope that Public Mobile never decides to use Intelcom on any mass scale. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@couleewayne 

Public Mobile is great in many ways their shipping is not one of them.

couleewayne

Yes, I did everything I could to get in contact with them.  It was only after I went to the "community" and talked about police and legal action that they finally responded.

couleewayne

The phone was great.  No problems.  The only problem was receiving it.  It took forever.  We had to threaten them with police and legal action to finally get it.

RB11

Actually made the original post last year. I did not buy a PM phone. 

Hi @RB11   those are  the best Pre-owned phones, FREE

but you stated this post almost 2 months ago, you didn't end up buying one from PM?

RB11

Unfortunately don’t have much helpful advice to offer on this. I never ended up buying one. I was able to get my hands on a used phone from a family member that upgraded. 

pmhunter

I was referring to the situation of the original poster "RB11"  ......asking them what they decided re: buying refurbished "very good" phone vs buying "like new"  and how it all turned out as I am trying to decide the same thing

HI @pmhunter   which situation?  you ordered a CPO phone and you do not like it? or you just wondering if you want to wait out Like New condition?

Personally, if the difference is not significant, wait for a Like new is the best option.

Also, PM has a 30 days money back and 1 year of warranty, it is basically as good as buying a new phone

Some people in this post earlier had some bad experience, but I think buying pre-owned phone is like that. You can get a good one that is almost perfect, you can guy one that is not as good.  But you have 30 days to return, I think it is better than buying used from private sell or eBay.  The warranty and 30 days money back give you the peace of mind

pmhunter

I am in the same situation as you in your original post.....what did you end up doing?  And how has it worked out for you?

@couleewayne 

Have you opened a ticket with the moderators to inquire about your purchase?

couleewayne

There is a very good chance that you will pay out good money for one of their phones and get nothing in return.  That's what happened to me and now Public Mobile is ignoring me.  Be careful.

@RB11 

Returned phones can have more usage on them then @will13am has indicated. A customer can return a phone within 15 days with the following usage of their mobile plan:

1. For single-user plans, the standard trial period usage limits must correspond to at least half of the permitted monthly usage specified in the customer’s contract.

If you are disabled the return period is 30 days with the ability to use 100% of the permitted monthly usage specified in the customer's contract.

With the large data plan deals being thrown around that could easily be 10gb to 20gb of data and 50%/100% of unlimited calling and texting?!!

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Like new

RB11

Thanks to everyone for the input so far - definitely showing the value of the PM community!

@farmbot - was the phone you ordered called "Like New" condition by PM, or was it " Very Good" or "Great" condition? Really trying to figure out what those "Very Good" or "Great" ones are actually like to decide if I should pay more for "Like New" condition. Sounds like you may have got a "Like New" one.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received as new, a phone from Public Mobile webstore  this week.

As per new---- new plastic  film applied over screen.

Charger and cord in factory seal.

With 1! year warranty from telus  this is a really good buy. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am the say 100% Right ,

but I suggest you to buy a brand new device better for battery a new and no one used you know and brand new device with a new technology and more fast then used.

your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Good Luck

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The certified pre-owned phones are generally sourced from customer returns with very little usage.  As an example, these usage limits come from Koodo's 15 day return policy.  I have previously purchased pre-owns via Koodo but not Public Mobile.  The phones are pretty much brand new.  If the price is attractive, there is very little risk in the purchase.

• 30 minutes of talk time (local and/or long distance)
  • 50 text messages (incoming and outgoing)
  • 50 MB data

If you are getting an buying iPhone, it's good to get it from PM for the 1 year warranty. 

RB11

Looking at the iphone 7 or 8 vs a new iPhone se. Don't want anything too expensive because I'm too clumsy! The return period and 1 yr warranty is what has me thinking about them vs cheaper local options in the Ottawa area

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RB11  the phones come with a 30 day money back guarantee.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/certified-pre-owned-phones

So it might be worth the risk if the price is good

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RB11 

Which phone are you considering?

Like new has been reported to be open box just without the plastic wrapping. But I don't have any personal experience with phones sold by pm. I am very good at finding a deal.....

Edit: Where are you located?

Need Help? Let's chat.