cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Network State: Disconnected

BGKK5153
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

I have a strong signal of about -70 dBm and my phone shows connected to PM. I have airplane mode off and my phone just keeps dialing until it disconnects.  When I go to  : Settings>about phone >status > SIM status > Cellular Network state - it says "disconnected".

What does this mean?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BGKK5153 wrote:

Hello.

I have a strong signal of about -70 dBm and my phone shows connected to PM. I have airplane mode off and my phone just keeps dialing until it disconnects.  When I go to  : Settings>about phone >status > SIM status > Cellular Network state - it says "disconnected".

What does this mean?  Thank you.

My bet would be that your cell data is not turned on and so it's giving you a disconnected network.

So what all works. (Or not). Calls in/out? Texts in/out? MMS/browsing?

What do you mean keeps dialing? Surely you're pressing the go button after typing numbers or selecting a contact...depending on the functionality of your phone.

Edit: dang it gpixel4 🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BGKK5153 When I go to  : Settings>about phone >status > SIM status > Cellular Network state - it says "disconnected". 

this just means your mobile data connection isn't enabled. this setting will change when you enable data.

does this happen to you with every number you dial?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BGKK5153 try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  If this fails, log into your self service account, what is the status? Active or suspended? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.