cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone

chester2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will my Public Mobile Sim card work with Alcatel Go Flip 4044M?

15 REPLIES 15

@Cestmoetoo post the make, model, and submodel of your phone here. We may be able to tell you if its compatible.

Cestmoetoo

The check my phone compatibility link on the PM web site is not working today for me.

Have you tried placing the SIM into another phone @chester2020? If it works, them it's a problem with that particular phone, since according to the settings it should work with PM. If it doesnt, then You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chester2020 

Have a look at devicecheck and PM's compatible or stolen.

chester2020

You stated that you noticed that my model is not unlocked. My phone is unlocked, as confirmed by my previous carrier. They also confirmed that they do not lock this particular model of phones.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@JMJ wrote:

No it is not compatible with the Alcatel Go Flip 4044M

Did you also try one with Public Mobile to know that? The supported bands suggest it should work.

Also found an FCC description of the 4044M, which suggests it supports the Public Mobile UMTS bands: https://fccid.io/2ACCJN014

Unless there's some sort of carrier lock.

JMJ

No it is not compatible with the Alcatel Go Flip 4044M

@Nezgar wrote:

@chester2020 wrote:

March 10, 2020.

I just learned that there are different versions of the Alcatel Go Flip 4044 phones.

T tried my PM sim card in a model 4044M and the phone can't find or connect to the PM network.

The model 4044V works well with the PM network.

The Alcatel OneTouch also works well with the PM network.

If I find out why the Model 4044M does not work with the PM network, I will post my findings.

I found this page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freedommobile/comments/b37jp2/will_alcatel_go_flip_from_another_carrier_wor...

_4044V4044M
GSMB2/3/5/8B2/3/5/8
UMTS™/HSPA™B2/4/5B2/4/5
FDD LTE™B2/4/5/7/12/17B2/4/5/7/12/13/17

So...

Supposedly the V & M have the same UMTS/HSPA band support, and most of the LTE bands... Still a mystery why the M wouldn't work with PM then...

If those specs are correct, it would work. Sine a particular 4044M unit did not work, this would have to to be a settings issue or it could be a matter of that device's IMEI being blacklisted.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

According to FCC it has WCDMA 850/1700/1900. So as others have said, it should work as long as it is unlocked.

With PM sim inserted, can you dial this number and see if you can connect afterwards? Enter: ##72786# and press call.

@chester2020 wrote:

March 10, 2020.

I just learned that there are different versions of the Alcatel Go Flip 4044 phones.

T tried my PM sim card in a model 4044M and the phone can't find or connect to the PM network.

If I find out why the Model 4044M does not work with the PM network, I will post my findings.

I found this page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freedommobile/comments/b37jp2/will_alcatel_go_flip_from_another_carrier_wor...

_4044V4044M
GSMB2/3/5/8B2/3/5/8
UMTS™/HSPA™B2/4/5B2/4/5
FDD LTE™B2/4/5/7/12/17B2/4/5/7/12/13/17

So...

Supposedly the V & M have the same UMTS/HSPA band support, and most of the LTE bands... Still a mystery why the M wouldn't work with PM then...

@chester2020  try manually selecting PM as your network and restart your phone. Also, there has been some activated Sims from this weekend that Did not provision properly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your SIM.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket) 

@chester2020 wrote:

March 10, 2020.

chester2020

March 10, 2020.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chester2020 wrote:

Yes. Alcatel Go Flip will work with PM.

My mother is using Alcatel Go Flip with PM for 10 months.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chester2020 wrote:

Yes it will.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@chester2020 Is this the phone  specs? https://www.comparecellular.com/cell-phones/alcatel-go-flip/

If it is, then it will work here. Also, I noticed that your model isn't unlocked. Please unlock it by asking your previous provider. Welcome to the community.

@chester2020 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.