cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cell phone won’t connect to network - NS

Hi,

Woke up this morning and my cell phone shows zero bars to the cell network. Can’t make or receive any phone calls.

my account is active and payments are up to date. I rely on this phone for my work call outs as I am an emergency responder. when I place the SIM card in another phone I get the same problem, and my phone will work if I place another SIM card in it. Please help?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cell phone won’t connect to network - NS

It... just started working again after about 3 hours or so .. hasn’t tried any of the suggestions oddly...

[Voodoo magic? ......... Luddite]

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also log into your account and mark your phone lost then wait 5 minutes and mark it found.  Try making a manual payment of a $1.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

Please check your SELF SERVE account and look at the last 4 digits of your SIM card (under the "Change Sim Card" below).

Do they match the last 4 digits of you SIM in your device?

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@zsawyer wrote:

Hi,

Woke up this morning and my cell phone shows zero bars to the cell network. Can’t make or receive any phone calls.

my account is active and payments are up to date. I rely on this phone for my work call outs as I am an emergency responder. when I place the SIM card in another phone I get the same problem, and my phone will work if I place another SIM card in it. Please help?

Turn ON Airplane mode for a coupla minutes...then turn OFF airplane mode...then reboot the phone. let us know if anything helps.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy  if you can still access your selfserve check and compare the last 4 digits of your sim card to see if they match by selecting the change sim card option. If they don't you have been sim swapped and another person has taken over your number.

Submit a ticket to PM immediately for help as this is a serious security breach.

Highlighted

It... just started working again after about 3 hours or so .. hasn’t tried any of the suggestions oddly...

[Voodoo magic? ......... Luddite]

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Good to hear.

BTW..thanks for your Emergency Responder work...stay healthy.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@zsawyer if your phone service is important. i suggest manually adding funds to your account a week before your renewal date. sounds like you went through auto-pay and a temporary service disruption happened. auto-pay fails at times. luckily things are working again. others are less fortunate... it's best to have the "available funds" in your account for the system to withdraw from.

amount due-01~2.jpeg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@zsawyer 

Or there could be a local service outage. PM (Telus) tower could be offline or malfunctioning for whatever reason, happens more often than we like. Or you could even be located outside their local coverage, though that seems unlikely.

Unless the phone works with another SIM card which also uses the same network - Telus/Koodo, Bell/Virgin/Lucky.

Working service with a Rogers/Fido/Chatr or Shaw/Freedom SIM wouldn't indicate the status of local Telus/Bell network equipment.

But confirm the number printed on your SIM card and the number in your Self-Serve account are the same. If they're mismatched then you're likely a victim of SIM fraud (which is inconvenient and can end up being very costly if you don't halt it quick).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I just tested what Airplane mode really does!

iPhone SE.

Airplane mode off = shows 4 vertical bars then words Public Mobile

Airplane mode on = no bars and no words. 

Need Help? Let's chat.