cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Settings Update - iPhone 6s

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just received a popup on my iPhone for a "Carrier Settings Update", with the options "Not Now, or Update". I've never gotten this in my 3+ years with PM, does anyone know what this is for?

3 REPLIES 3

@luke11992  Neither is the case for Public Mobile unfortunately at this time. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

Koodo which is 2nd tier offer both Volte-wificalling).

Public Mobile is 3rd basic tier, support only online, bottom of the barrel for a cheap plan. Don't see them coming here anytime soon.

It's good that your iPhone 6s is getting an update. Maybe the last one before Apple ends supporting this older device. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've seen others mention that this has come up when a new feature is being introduced (ie. Wifi calling, VOLTE, etc.). I'm assuming that isn't the case here, but it would be a nice little surprise!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@luke11992  It's important that you always do the updates and that your phone is fully up to date.

Carrier settings are your network settings for your phone to work.  

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance.

Need Help? Let's chat.