cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card sim not working

mariechau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was able to connect to the Public Mobile network for a month+, but suddenly, my iPhone X is not longer able to connect to the carrier network and says that there is "no service", but when I put my sim card in my old iPhone 6, it is able to connect to Public Mobile network. Can someone help me with this. Is it just the sim card that I need to change or is there another issue? Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@mariechau wrote:

Hi,

I was able to connect to the Public Mobile network for a month+, but suddenly, my iPhone X is not longer able to connect to the carrier network and says that there is "no service", but when I put my sim card in my old iPhone 6, it is able to connect to Public Mobile network. Can someone help me with this. Is it just the sim card that I need to change or is there another issue? Thank you

Looks like you already did you diligence in checking that it is not the SIM card. You should try doing a hard reset on your device and see if that fixes the problem 

In most cases, power cycling or rebooting the phone takes care of this issue. Rebooting of the phone re-launches the OS and the programs. If the SIM card is not getting detected due to some software issue, restarting may take care of it pretty easily. It will also try to re-establish the connection with the network, and while doing so will start the fresh search for the SIM card.

Good luck!

@mariechau Unfortunately your phone is blacklisted. If you can return it for a refund that would be advisable.

@mariechau wrote:

Yes I bought it used, but for the first month, I was able to used the iphone X as normal. The connectivity was fine and I could text and call anyone without a problem. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad

If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

You do not need step 6.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier. 
  2. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  6. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.

If you still see an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple support.

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

Published Date: January 24, 2020

@mariechau i’m wondering if the previous owner didn’t finish paying for his phone and they shut it down do you know the person you bought it from can you trust them just seems odd that it would stop working like that

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @mariechau it looks like you will have to take your phone fur service

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mariechauDid you check with the correct IMEI from your iPhone X?

Instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204073

If you bought the phone from a stranger, there is high probability that the phone was reported stolen.

@mariechau  if by reset completely, you mean a factory reset, then it's probably a phone problem. Can you return it? 

mariechau

Yes I bought it used, but for the first month, I was able to used the iphone X as normal. The connectivity was fine and I could text and call anyone without a problem. 

mariechau

I restarted and even resetted my phone completely, but nothing works. 😞 I still can't connect to the network after all of this

mariechau

I just checked and it is not blacklisted .:(

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mariechau  try a network reset and restart your phone. Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it. Stay safe.  Let us know if this doesn't work,. Thanks.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@mariechau Hi if you can connect to public mobile with your iPhone 6 I don’t believe it’s a problem with public it must be in your 10 X have you change something in your settings accidently?Did you buy your iPhone X used

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mariechau Is it possible your iPhone X has been blacklisted?

You may check here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.