cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send pictures Samsung Galaxy S3

joetracey1294
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Samsung Samsung Galaxy S3 that i recently unlocked and moved to public mobile. I am able to get and send text messages and able to get pictures messages but i am unable to send picture messages. My mobile data is on and working. How can i fix this? @CS_Agent

31 REPLIES 31

@zeedjz I was trying to bypass that problem for you cause a factory reset deletes everything on your phone. if you check the APN type it should say MMS,default,supl so if this problem persists you can check that out. this is a known issue with the LG G5. also you can try to default your APN settings

zeedjz

I had to do a factory reset on my phone.  This seemed to solve the problem at first. Though the problem came back and then went away again after I restarted my phone again.  I don't know what the problem was originally or why it works sometimes but not other times.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is it an iPhone 

@zeedjz were you able to resolve this issue?

if not can you tell me what it says under APN type. it should be under settings>mobile networks>access point names

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zeedjz 

Is this one person or all?

Another possibility is to delete the conversation with the person you're trying to send to and try again.

@zeedjz  Go into settings Apps find the app that you use for messaging and select it. Select the option to clear cached then select force close. Restart your phone and test sending out the MMS 

@zeedjz you should do as @Naepalm said and try to talk with a moderator

@zeedjz wrote:

I tried the network reset and that didnt help either still the same problem. Does anyone have an Lg G5 and the same problem.

Sorry no I have a huawei P30....

zeedjz

I tried the network reset and that didnt help either still the same problem. Does anyone have an Lg G5 and the same problem.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@joetracey1294 wrote:

I have a Samsung Samsung Galaxy S3 that i recently unlocked and moved to public mobile. I am able to get and send text messages and able to get pictures messages but i am unable to send picture messages. My mobile data is on and working. How can i fix this? @CS_Agent

I don't know if you need to go directly to the mods. I think many times the community is able to answer this. First go to help page, if it's not there then come here. 

To answer your question someone else had an issue similar to this earlier today. Try resetting your phone, if that doesn't work then follow the directions my fellow community has offered about APN settings. 

Info on the MOD team.  The Public Mobile Moderator Team

If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account-specific issue, then it’s time to contact our super-knowledgeable Moderator Team. Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:-Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

@zeedjz  follow these steps

1. goto settings>general

2. scroll down and select backup & reset

3. scroll down to network settings

4. tap Reset settings

5. if you have a pass code then enter it

6. tap Reset settings

restart your phone and try sending a picture message. 

you will have to re-enter your wifi passwords

hope this works for you cheers!

zeedjz

I have an LG G5

@zeedjz it would help to know what type of phone you are using..

zeedjz

I tried resizing my photo to 800x800 550 kb and I still get the same problem.

@zeedjz  

File size limit, maximum number of attachments, picture quality, and video length can vary from one device to another. Usual limits for MMS are between 600 KB and 3.5 MB per photo and 600 KB or 15 seconds per video.

zeedjz

do you know how large of text attachments can be to send? If my file is too large what is the limit?

@zeedjz try doing a network reset. what type of phone do you have?

@zeedjz  That usually happens when the filer you are trying to send is too large.

Another remedy is to clear the cache of your messaging app, select force close and restart your phone.

zeedjz

I have my Data turned on and My APN set correctly. This solved the problem of me receiving text pictures but when I go to send the text picture it gets stuck on sending and never actually sends the text. Can someone help me

Acekiller

The other solution is to do a factory reset, then when you plug in the PM sim card, everything should be automatically set up.

MMS settings

Try these ideas:

• Make sure that you are not connected to wifi while attempting to send/receive MMS.  The data connection has to be on for MMS to work.  
  • Go back to the phone's APN settings and for "APN type" enter "default,mms,supl" and save.  Reboot the phone and test MMS.  
  • If you have multiple APNs listed, ONLY one, the PM one, should have the APN type "default".

So the the complete settings list:

  APN: sp.mb.com

  Proxy: Unspecified

  Port: Unspecified

  Username: Unspecified

  Password: Unspecified

  Server: Unspecified

  MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

  MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

  MMS port: 80

  MCC: 302

  MNC: 220

  Authentication type: Unspecified

*  APN type: default,mms,supl

*  APN roaming Protocol: IPv4

  Bearer: Unspecified

  MVNO type: GID

  MVNO value: 4D4F

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@joetracey1294 wrote:

i dont have an MMSC proxy: so what do i use? i have an MMS Proxy. is that the same?

I have never personally tried this so I cannot comment on it.  I only linked the thread because a customer said that worked for them.  TBH, you should be able to keep all the attributes in a single APN entry.  Instead of leaving the APN type field blank, use default,supl,mms. 

joetracey1294

i dont have an MMSC proxy I have an MMS Proxy, are they athe same thing?

Michael77

@mimmo wrote:

Create a new apn and use these vaslues

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank   or put what I mentioned preciously
APN type: Leave blank 

Thanks, @mimmo,

I have a friend with Koodo who has the same phone and issue. We will try these settings.

joetracey1294

i dont have an MMSC proxy: so what do i use? i have an MMS Proxy. is that the same?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Create a new apn and use these vaslues

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Edit: Authentication type: Leave blank  
Edit: APN type: Leave blank or what was posted above

joetracey1294

what are the required setings, i coudlnt figurte them out the first time as i had one missing

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Editing the stock APN may not be possible.  I would suggest creating a brand new APN with the required settings.  It may be worthwhile to review the resolution from this thread.  It is for a different phone.  The idea is that two APNs would be set, one for data and another for mms.  The APN type would point to which is for mms.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/td-p/67110

I have mentioned this before like a broken record.  Carrier phones are notorious for being difficult to use when switching carriers.  It is an intentional thing to disuade disloyalty. 

joetracey1294

I have no clue how to do any of that. I got lucky to figure out how to do it the first time

Need Help? Let's chat.