cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send or receive texts from Bell

Kaltireman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just joined Public  all is cool but cannot send or recieve texts from my Bell peeps. Please advise we came from Virgin and it worked there  can call them but no texts  hopefully just a setting can be adjusted  i have Samsung neo5  and my wife has samsung s4  same issue.  TIA Kal

5 REPLIES 5

jostafew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same issue with my Pixel 4, coming over from Virgin. I don't yet know if this issue extends to all Bell users but I just discovered that I can't send or receive texts to my buddy and upon testing verified that I can't send or receive texts from my work phone on Bell. How did your issue get resolved? Sending to and receiving to devices on Telus / Koodo are fine. Been ported for a while now, probably a week +.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I hope it works by now a similar thing happened to me with bell, not receiving calls or texts found out later it was just my mother ignoring me

@slash407 wrote:

did it work by now? try changing the settings in messaging if it didnt. I highly doubt its only bell messages ur not receiving.

Why do you doubt it?  All we can go by is what the OP tells us.

Please note that when someone has a problem with sending or recieving text messages, it very often is to and from just one specific carrier.  This is actually fairly common.

When a text message go from one carrier to another, it does not go directly there.  It first gets routed to an intermediary third-party company who then relays the messages to the destination carrier. 

When someone says they aren't receiving text messages from some people or some people aren't receiving sent text messages, the very first thing that I think of and ask is if it is a problem only to one carrier.

When it is a problem to or from just one carrier, there isn't anything the user can do to fix this.  There are no possible settings that could possibly block any and all text messages, but only from one carrier.  This is something at the cell phone carrier's end, and must be fixed by the moderators.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Is it only to people on Bell? Have you tried to contact others on different networks?

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kaltireman wrote:

Just joined Public  all is cool but cannot send or recieve texts from my Bell peeps. Please advise we came from Virgin and it worked there  can call them but no texts  hopefully just a setting can be adjusted  i have Samsung neo5  and my wife has samsung s4  same issue.  TIA Kal

Did you just port over from Virgin? It can take 2-4 hours for the port to complete and everything to start working. 

Need Help? Let's chat.