cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant send Texts but can receive Texts..

ijaxx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been all afternoon trying to figure this out to no avail.

I have the data working fine and can receive texts and make and receive calls but for the life of me i cant send out texts at all...

I got the APN right, everything is good but i just cant send out texts.(searched forums for answers)

Got a new phone an LG V35 ThinQ Unlocked, old Phone was a leeco LeMax 2 and worked fine.

APN Settings used::

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: default,supl,mms

APN Protocol:IPv4

as i said data works fine and i can make calls and recieve texts but i cant send out texts, ive tried everything including Factory data reset..

any help would be appreciated..

13 REPLIES 13

@ijaxx wrote:

now it wont work on the le Max 2. i didnt change anything on it cant figure out why i wont work now..

@ijaxx, looking throught this discussion, please realize that no amount of changing APN settings can fix an issue with text messaging. The APN settings on an Android phones such as the one you have only affect data usage.

The setting the you'll wish to be looking into is the short message service centre (SMSC).  This should be configured to +16475800172.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ijaxx wrote:

now it wont work on the le Max 2. i didnt change anything on it cant figure out why i wont work now..

Very frustrating especially the wait from the moderators, I didn't get a response back for almost two days when I had a different issue than you, but luckily I managed to resolve it before they responded.  So if you already haven't tried it, do the lost phone trick...log into your account, select plans/add-on tab, select lost/suspend phone, log out, wait a few minutes, log back and select phone found, log out, and restart your phone.  This sometimes resets your account.  It's worth a try while waiting for the mods to respond.  The phone reboot is important.  Good luck.

ijaxx

I tried those APN setting yesterday to no avail, but thanks for the reply...

ijaxx

@ijaxx wrote:

So i never received a reply from the mods with my issue, not even a reply that they are looking into it so i figured i would put the sim card back on my old phone till this is worked out and now i cant send texts on that phone.

How does it work for over a year and now it wont work so its not a phone issue, maybe its the sim card or some issues on Public Mobiles end but who knows, evidently they don't.

I'm pretty loyal but loyalty could only go so far... if this isnt resolved soon i am done with Public Moblle, and i have seen a few people with the same problem as me with no resolution for a week, i dont have time to wait for Public Mobile if its going to take that long to reply .. 

@ijaxx Need to be patient the mods will respond. When you posted your APN settings your APN Type is missing some variables. Maybe try adding them to see if it makes a difference. Her are the APN settings that I use.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sending text works when SIM in LeMax, doesn't if SIM in LG, is it the case?

ijaxx

So i never received a reply from the mods with my issue, not even a reply that they are looking into it so i figured i would put the sim card back on my old phone till this is worked out and now i cant send texts on that phone.

How does it work for over a year and now it wont work so its not a phone issue, maybe its the sim card or some issues on Public Mobiles end but who knows, evidently they don't.

I'm pretty loyal but loyalty could only go so far... if this isnt resolved soon i am done with Public Moblle, and i have seen a few people with the same problem as me with no resolution for a week, i dont have time to wait for Public Mobile if its going to take that long to reply .. 

ijaxx

I messeged the Moderator Team 5 hours ago still no reply.. I'll try out those free texing apps and see if that helps for the time being, thanks for the recommendations.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ijaxxAs temporary solution, you can download a free calling and texting app for you to reach out your friends. TextNow or Fongo is not a bad choice. The app can get access to your phone's contact list so it is easy to use. 

In the meantime, you need to contact the moderator by click on the envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team". Hope that your problem solved soon!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ijaxx  The best thing to do is notify Public Mobile to investigate To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

ijaxx

I'm on the older $30 3G Plan

• UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide
  • UNLIMITED International Text
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed

but thanks for the reply.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@ijaxx wrote:

I have been all afternoon trying to figure this out to no avail.

I have the data working fine and can receive texts and make and receive calls but for the life of me i cant send out texts at all...

I got the APN right, everything is good but i just cant send out texts.(searched forums for answers)

Got a new phone an LG V35 ThinQ Unlocked, old Phone was a leeco LeMax 2 and worked fine.

APN Settings used::

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: default,supl,mms

APN Protocol:IPv4

as i said data works fine and i can make calls and recieve texts but i cant send out texts, ive tried everything including Factory data reset..

any help would be appreciated..

What plan are you at? If it's $10 for 50 outgoing texts, you may use up limited texts, otherwise you may contact moderator team for your problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ijaxx 

If you're on the $15 plan then this seems to a problem these days.

If you're on the $10 plan then maybe you've used all your texts.

Need Help? Let's chat.