cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make or receive calls or text. Data works fine

TemplewoodMod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up on dec 31, 2018. Cant receive calls. Cant send or receive texts only can receive the generic texts that are pushed to the phone and make outgoing calls. Data also works with no issues. Phone is a factory unlocked s8+ which I have used on the network in the past when I had public mobile service with no issues. Please help   3 days now pretty useless when people cant call you at the very least. 8

8 REPLIES 8

@TemplewoodMod wrote:

Pretty darn frustrating. If I just choose a new number will that solve the issue ? Would like to keep my old 604 number since I dont get any 604 choices in the number picker for Vancouver. 

If there was no port submitted, presumably your account will have a temporary number already???  Can you go into your self serve and see what the assigned number is.  You can use that temporarily while working on the number port. 

TemplewoodMod

Pretty darn frustrating. If I just choose a new number will that solve the issue ? Would like to keep my old 604 number since I dont get any 604 choices in the number picker for Vancouver. 

TemplewoodMod

Already contacted them when I noticed the issue wouldnt resolve . Still have not got any response. 

@TemplewoodMod wrote:

Done all the tricks already . Have a $12 positive balance since receiving a $10 credit today from the promotion. I live in Vancouver BC.

My number was ported and shows on caller Id when I call out. 

@TemplewoodMod, have you checked the status of your sending account?  It sounds like the port may not have completed.  Depending on where it is stuck, your old service may still be active.  In any event, it does look like there is a stuck port and you will need moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team. 

BTW, the ported number you are seeing on your phone is what is seen on the Public Mobile servers.  A completed port will have servers on other carriers synced to this change.  This is what the porting process is all about, sycning the numbers across all systems. 

TemplewoodMod

Done all the tricks already . Have a $12 positive balance since receiving a $10 credit today from the promotion. I live in Vancouver BC.

My number was ported and shows on caller Id when I call out. 

TemplewoodMod

Yes I have included everything. $52 plan . Account is active because I can use data and make outgoing calls. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TemplewoodMod does your plan include texting and calling in addition to data?  Does your account status show as active or suspended?  Maybe try one or both of these workarounds to see if it resets your services:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

niko69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try resetting network settings then restarting your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.