cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to wifi

Taraotoole11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there,

I cant connect to wifi no matter where I am. Can I please get some guidance and direction? It's been over 24hrs. Internet will only work if I use my data

Thanks , 

Tara

10 REPLIES 10

@Crissytoronto wrote:

I had the same problem when i first activated my account.Internet only worked with data on. What worked for me is i reset my modem...so i unplugged it for ten seconds and then plugged it back in. By the way i have a 5g modem and had no problem connecting to wifi even though my data plan only includes 3g speed. Hope this helps.

This thread is nearly 9 months ago and has not been replied to since then.  Either way, Wi-Fi not working isn't related to activating or using Public Mobile services.

Crissytoronto

I had the same problem when i first activated my account.Internet only worked with data on. What worked for me is i reset my modem...so i unplugged it for ten seconds and then plugged it back in. By the way i have a 5g modem and had no problem connecting to wifi even though my data plan only includes 3g speed. Hope this helps.

lonegreyride
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if you've already tried, but you can go into Settings, then Wifi, then click on your network and click Forget. Then try connecting again, you'll need to enter the password again.

Taraotoole11

@NDesai I'm referring to my home wifi which has been working up until yesterday. All my other devices are connected it it just fine....

@Taraotoole11 wrote:

It just shows bars with the explanation mark through it and yes I have tried 3 different locations, turning off data, restarting my phone and a full power down then up again. Still no luck 

I believe the ! mark on the wifi symbol means, no Internet. It seems like you are not connecting to the wifi network properly. What about your home wifi? 

Taraotoole11

@will13am I have a Samsung Galaxy J Prime that isn't even a year old yet. What do u suggest I try next?

Taraotoole11

It just shows bars with the explanation mark through it and yes I have tried 3 different locations, turning off data, restarting my phone and a full power down then up again. Still no luck 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Taraotoole11, what model of phone do you have?  This is not a mobile network issue.  The problem is with the phone.  Phones always favor WiFi for data over wireless. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Taraotoole11 What happens when you click on the wifi you want to connect? Have you tried connecting to different wifi and turning off data and Airplane mode?

Need Help? Let's chat.