cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sent pictures from my I phone 6s.

Thor1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My I phone will not sent any pictures with a text message. Just recently changed to Public from Freedom I have the $60 dollar plan it is supposed to work everywhere.

7 REPLIES 7

Thor1

what is reminder data.  Where do you find it.

@Thor1You need to go to Settings -> Messages and check the MMS checkbox like below. If that doesn't work just pop by your local Apple Store.. they will get you up and running in no time.

Enable SMS and MMS in iOS MessagesEnable SMS and MMS in iOS Messages

Thor1

It seems this phone can send pictures to another I phone but not android phone. It works with Whats App.  or when using wi fi. We are not very tech savy so some of the jargon I do not understand or know how to do.  It will work with just a text no picture.  Any help would be appreciated.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Thor1 Reminder data must be on in order to be able to send an MMS even though MMS does not consume data from your plan allowance.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Thor1

Have you:

1. Reset your iPhone after you put in your new Public Mobile SIM card?
  2. Did you logout and relogin your AppleID account after you you put your PM sim card? and also enable iMessage accordingly?
  3. Does the Public Mobile Carrier profile appear under Settings -> General -> About?

Carrier info iOSCarrier info iOS

4. Are you able to send "pictures" if you are on Wifi?

5. Which version of iOS are you using? Newer versions do not allow APN modifications.

6. Do you have any network profiles installed eg Shaw wifi etc.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Thor1 wrote:

My I phone will not sent any pictures with a text message. Just recently changed to Public from Freedom I have the $60 dollar plan it is supposed to work everywhere.

@Thor1 Can you post a screenshot of your current APN settings.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You need to configure your APN for your data to work correctly. That will make the picture messaging work.

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302