cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive text

Jason999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On my lg g5 phone all of a sudden I cannot send or receive text messages.

Also it is saying that my provider is telus but I am with public mobile.

Can anyone help?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Merged duplicate threads from same poster asking about Telus network displayed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Jason999...

while waiting for a moderator to assist you, why not let us help out. What problems are you having with the texting feature of your plan ? Are you having troubles sending or receiving...or both ?

What kinda phone you using ? Make sure data is enabled in settings. More info would help.

You could try posting more details to the forum about the problem that you are encountering to see if more troubleshooting can be done.

@Jason999 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Jason999 

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Networks and More.
  3. Select Mobile networks.

@Jason999 

Public Mobile is a subsidiary of Telus.

You may be able to manually select Public Mobile as the network however they use Telus services so it's possible one in the same.

Jason999

How do I contact someone from public mobile to discuss my texting problem?

Jason999

I have an LG q6 phone. How do I see what provider I am on?

Jason999

Why is my phone showing telus when I'm on the public mobile network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman : The $10 plan is unlimited incoming texts.

@Jason999 : Can you see if you can scan for and find Public Mobile? Maybe your phone got changed to manual Telus rather than automatic. But if you can call or browse the internet then that wouldn't be the problem.

@Jason999 

By chance, are you on the grandfathered $10 plan with 50 texts per month?  If so, you might be out of texts for this 30 day cycle.  

If above suggestions don't help, might want to try the SIM card in another working phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Jason999  is voice call working?

Also, did you try reboot your phone?  You might want to pull the SIM out for a min and re-insert and try again.

Of course, make sure Airplane mode is off

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jason999 

I presume your account status is "Active" and that you still make/receive calls?

Try resetting network connections.

You could also check mobile connections available and MANUALLY select Public Mobile from the list.

Also, could try:

• rebooting device
  • removing/replacing SIM card in device
  • toggling airplane mode on/off
Need Help? Let's chat.