cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive calls

Jennlund73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Joined public mobile two months ago, was previously with Virgin Mobile. Never had a problem before I switched. Now its a regular occurrence that i am unable to send or receive calls, but I am able to get online for web usage and texting works. Many calls I get go to voicemail after a few silent seconds but callers tell me it doesn't "ring". Its very frustrating because it is so random and I never know if my phone is actually working and I depend on it for work and travel.

I have done all of the "fixes" out there to no avail. I have also sent a request to moderator to have it looked into. I have the unlimited voice/text 5G data plan on auto pay. No issues there. It seems to be a common issue, just wondering if anyone has had this and what the outcome was for resolution. Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

I have merged these duplicated threads to keep the repsonses in one place.

@Jennlund73If you look through the Community, there are people who had reported dropped calls, the only way to get it fixed is to contact the Moderators. Here is what I suggest.. go to your Usage history.. get a screen shot and high light the incidences that had caused you problem, might be a problem if it is straight to voicemail (perhaps if the caller is your friend get them to send you their logs). Send a message to the Moderator_Team with that information and hopefully they will get back to you by fixing your problem on their end. The more information of the incidents the better.

Jennlund73

Didn't work for me 😐

Try the lost phone trick. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would echo what @RossN said. Try it in your partner's phone. The A5 is completely compatible with PMs 3G network so calls should be no issue. If it works fine in your partner's phone, you have a hardware issue with yours. If it doesn't it's either a faulty SIM or an account issue and message a mod.

@Jennlund73 You may want to contact a moderator it could be a problem with your account but I would try sim in your partners phone click https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jennlund73

I will try the sim in an identical phone tonight, was thinking that may be the issue. The phone was working perfectly right up to the switch from the other carrier. Now it is very sporadic. It does work at times.Right now is not one of them 😕

Jennlund73

I have a samsung a5.  I was planning on trying the sim in my partners phone tonight as it is the same as mine. I was thinking it may be a defective sim card, but it does work off and on. 

@Jennlund73 hi what kind of phone do you have? have you tried your sim in another phone does it work there?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jennlund73 

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?  To help determine whether hardware issue versus Public Mobile service issue.  

Some people had issues with dropped calls a month or so ago and PUblic mobile had to fix the issue.  No recent complaints though....

Jennlund73

Joined public mobile two months ago, was previously with Virgin Mobile. Never had a problem before I switched. Now its a regular occurrence that i am unable to send or receive calls, but I am able to get online for web usage and texting works. Many calls I get go to voicemail after a few silent seconds but callers tell me it doesn't "ring". Its very frustrating because it is so random and I never know if my phone is actually working and I depend on it for work and travel.

I have done all of the "fixes" out there to no avail. I have also sent a request to moderator to have it looked into. I have the unlimited voice/text 5G data plan on auto pay. No issues there. It seems to be a common issue, just wondering if anyone has had this and what the outcome was for resolution. Thanks in advance

Need Help? Let's chat.