cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send nor receive text messages.

SherBer60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been with Public Mobile for a month.  No problems.  But today, text messages not being received nor sent.

59 REPLIES 59

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SherBer60 wrote:

should I just try "Make a Payment", even though I am on AutoPay and PM has the correct credit card information?  

Yes, try topping up your account with $1 to see if it helps!

It will show $10 for the plan and $50 for the data. The odd thing is it never took out the $50.

SherBer60

Nothing happened when I asked it to reactive.  I notice this plan is now $50 per month.  Not sure if this is what's wrong.  But Moderator is going to have to figure it out.

SherBer60

So thanks All.  I've been working on this issue for two hours, but I'm going to call it a night and wait for a Moderator to contact me.  Krazy Kiwi, thanks for the tip about lost/found phone.  Definitely it reset so it's a very good place to start.

@SherBer60 wrote:

Plan also includes 2gb data while in the US.

It shows that it withdrew $36 from your CC today so the autopay is working. This may be due to the fact that plan is no longer available. This should not affect plan renewal though. You have the plan and will be able to keep it until you change plans. Keep that in mind, if you ever change plans you will not be able to get this plan back. Now on occasion in the past there has been issues on renewal day. If you hit reactivate plan what happens?

SherBer60

Sorry, and that $10 off was for six months.  So October makes it month two for the $10 discount.

SherBer60

We also got a discount by using our RBC credit card of $10 off per month on any plan over $40.  You can see that credit has been applied on September 11 and October 11.

SherBer60

Plan also includes 2gb data while in the US.

SherBer60

My Current Plan.JPG

@krazykiwi wrote:

@SherBer60 wrote:

should I just try "Make a Payment", even though I am on AutoPay and PM has the correct credit card information?  

It appears to have charge you $10 for your plan, which plan are you on?

I am guessing it was the $60 Can/US plan?

@SherBer60 wrote:

It appears to have charge you $10 for your plan, which plan are you on?

SherBer60

SherBer60

I did the lost/found thing with his phone and it is still not operating either.

SherBer60

Entire Payment History.JPG

BTW that last screenshot is where you reactivate your plan once you have sufficient funds.

I fully unnderstand your frustration. I believe that these issues were due to your trip to the U.S.. They were suppose to have sorted that out. Are you able to click on payment history? It will show the last 7 days. Screenshot that and post it.

Is you husbands phone working properly now? It may need the lost/stolen trick to fix it if payment as been made for his account.

@SherBer60 wrote:

Further Info.JPG

See where it says Payment History. Clicking on that was what I was trying to see, just it says "Transaction History" after you click on it.

SherBer60

Hey Krazy Kiwi, I really appreciate all your suggestions.  I am just frustrated.  Here's another screen shot.  I did click on "Reactivate Current Plan" and nothing happened.  I noticed on my online banking for my credit card that only one charge has gone through.  Both my husband and my plans are to go through on my credit card.  That might be part of the problem.   As an aside, one would think "AutoPay" would have eliminated a lot of the issues we are experiencing...Reactivate Current Plan.JPG

@SherBer60 wrote:

Funny how it says "Amount Due: $0.00".

Does it showed that funds were applied to your plan and data? Does it say Active? Is it working? Did it charge you CC?

SherBer60

Funny how it says "Amount Due: $0.00".

SherBer60

Further Info.JPG

SherBer60

PM Payment History.JPG

Ok, I see you are hesitant to try my suggestions.

So, if you have Sufficient funds showing to cover the cost of your plan then there should be an option to restart your plan. If $0 or insufficient funds are showing then use your card to add funds and then restart your plan. If you end up overpaying for whatever reason, the funds will sit there until next renewal.

@ighsaw wrote:

You could try “changing plans” and sign up for the cheap one - that might give it a kick in the pants.  If if works do it again and change back to the plan you want.  Your billing cycle will be reset for today.  If it works you can get the moderator to work out any billing discrepancies.

Whatever you do, do not do this. It may very will charge you for both plans.

ighsaw

You could try “changing plans” and sign up for the cheap one - that might give it a kick in the pants.  If if works do it again and change back to the plan you want.  Your billing cycle will be reset for today.  If it works you can get the moderator to work out any billing discrepancies.

@SherBer60 wrote:

Do you mean "Payment History"?

Under payment it should say "Transaction History". This includes payments and rewards and what they charged you for.

@SherBer60 wrote:

Anyone have any other suggestions, or should I just wait for a moderator to respond?  It's clearly a billing issue and for whatever reasons, AutoPay isn't kicking in although it says "You are currently registered for dynamic AutoPay".  And yes, lots of room on credit card for these charges.

It may be. What I need to know is if your account is showing sufficient funds to renew your plan. I know you are on autopay but if the funds were not taken from your card it will not do it now that your account is suspended. This is what I was trying to see with your transaction history.

SherBer60

Do you mean "Payment History"?

SherBer60

It says "Plan Expired".  But there is the asterisk message:  Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

My Overview also says I am currently registered for dynamic Auto Pay.  And lots of room on credit card for charge to go through.

SherBer60

Anyone have any other suggestions, or should I just wait for a moderator to respond?  It's clearly a billing issue and for whatever reasons, AutoPay isn't kicking in although it says "You are currently registered for dynamic AutoPay".  And yes, lots of room on credit card for these charges.

Need Help? Let's chat.