cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send nor receive text messages.

SherBer60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been with Public Mobile for a month.  No problems.  But today, text messages not being received nor sent.

59 REPLIES 59

Are you able to post a screenshot of your transaction history? block out any private information.

@SherBer60 wrote:

OK, I did the lost/found phone thing.  Waiting five minutes.  My account status says that my Plan has expired, but there is also the big message with an asterisk that says:  Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

I am an autopay AND I have enough funds in my balance.  But phone is still not working.

It says suspended? Does sufficient funds show in your account as available?

SherBer60

OK, I did the lost/found phone thing.  Waiting five minutes.  My account status says that my Plan has expired, but there is also the big message with an asterisk that says:  Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

I am an autopay AND I have enough funds in my balance.  But phone is still not working.

@SherBer60 wrote:

Okay.  I will give it a try.  So, just report it stolen, wait a few minutes and then say voila, I found it?

Log out while you are waiting.Restart the phone when you are done if it isn't working right away.

SherBer60

Okay.  I will give it a try.  So, just report it stolen, wait a few minutes and then say voila, I found it?

@SherBer60 wrote:

So, how does reporting the phone Lost and then saying it is found help this situation?  I'm just a bit bewildered by this whole process at the moment.  

It resets your account within PM servers.

@SherBer60 wrote:

You might be right.  It looks like it is in the balance column.  The actual plan does not appear to have been billed.  How do I get the plan paid?  I am on AutoPay.  Have to say, Community Friends, that the billing system is a bit complicated to follow...

Yes it is a bit complicated. The billing willl show on 2 lines, one for data, the other for the plan.

SherBer60

So, how does reporting the phone Lost and then saying it is found help this situation?  I'm just a bit bewildered by this whole process at the moment.  

SherBer60

You might be right.  It looks like it is in the balance column.  The actual plan does not appear to have been billed.  How do I get the plan paid?  I am on AutoPay.  Have to say, Community Friends, that the billing system is a bit complicated to follow...

Yes, Moderators are PM employeees, but it may take 2 days for them to respond.

@SherBer60 a moderator will help you!  I submitted a ticket this morning and I got a reply back within 2 hours! 

The lost/stolen trick resets your account and fixes many issues. You will not lose anything in the process.

@SherBer60 wrote:

So Community Friends, it appears my husband's phone isn't working either.  We were in the United States recently.  My $60 plan includes US text and calling as well as 2GB of data while roaming.  We came back into Canada on Wednesday and have been texting/calling, etc. all until today, which was new cycle for our payment plan.  I'm thinking it is something tied into the payment.  Payment has been made, but I notice that it says "30 day plan" but then it doesn't have the other line that mentions which the plan is.  Does that make sense?  I'm a bit nervous about reporting the phone stolen, as I think this is either tied into the US roaming issue or a billing issue.  Since we are new customers of Public Mobile, (and yes I've submitted two tickets now), is a moderator someone that actually fix the issue?  An employee of Public Mobile?

Trust me, this will not do anything damaging to your phones or your plans.

SherBer60

But my account does still state that it is "Active" and we are both on Autopay.  And it appears payment has been processed.

SherBer60

So Community Friends, it appears my husband's phone isn't working either.  We were in the United States recently.  My $60 plan includes US text and calling as well as 2GB of data while roaming.  We came back into Canada on Wednesday and have been texting/calling, etc. all until today, which was new cycle for our payment plan.  I'm thinking it is something tied into the payment.  Payment has been made, but I notice that it says "30 day plan" but then it doesn't have the other line that mentions which the plan is.  Does that make sense?  I'm a bit nervous about reporting the phone stolen, as I think this is either tied into the US roaming issue or a billing issue.  Since we are new customers of Public Mobile, (and yes I've submitted two tickets now), is a moderator someone that actually fix the issue?  An employee of Public Mobile?

Is your data working?

Was the money actually applied against your plan or Is it on your balance?

Did you try lost/stolen trick?

Thanks

@SherBer60 wrote:

Yes, it says Active, and yes I'm on AutoPay.

Ok, have you tried what I suggested?

SherBer60

Yes, it says Active, and yes I'm on AutoPay.

SherBer60

Nope, just found out phone calls don't work. It says I don't have active long distance plan.  I'm paying the most expensive plan, which includes unlimited international text and talk...

@SherBer60 wrote:

Yes, on AutoPay.

Try as I suggested above and let us know how it goes.

SherBer60

Yes, on AutoPay.

SherBer60

Removed SIM card for two minutes and reinstalled.  Just tried phoning and it says I don't have a long distance plan.  This is very annoying, as I have the most expensive plan...

@SherBer60 wrote:

Yes, everything appears to be in order.  I'm on AutoPay and payment was made today.

If restarting phone doesn't work try this

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

SherBer60

Yes, everything appears to be in order.  I'm on AutoPay and payment was made today.

@SherBer60 wrote:

Nope, no the biggest plan, $60/month.

Go to self serve and see if it says active, Are you on autopay?

@SherBer60  also restart your phone and try again!  Phone calls work? 

SherBer60

Nope, no the biggest plan, $60/month.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@SherBer60 wrote:

Been with Public Mobile for a month.  No problems.  But today, text messages not being received nor sent.

Hi, and belated welcome.

Did you check your self serve account to see if your account renewed?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SherBer60  Are you on the $10 plan? Maybe you used up your allotment? Diall 611 is your account active?

Need Help? Let's chat.