cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send group text messages on an iPhone because there are androids in group

mk99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I can receive text messages (not iMessages) from my group, but because there is a Samsung in the group chat, I can't send anything in the group chat. Please help! I turned on Group MMS and send as SMS for my settings already.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mk99 wrote:

Hello!

I can receive text messages (not iMessages) from my group, but because there is a Samsung in the group chat, I can't send anything in the group chat. Please help! I turned on Group MMS and send as SMS for my settings already.

@mk99 

Group messages that contain non-iOS devices require a cellular connection, and cellular data. These group messages are MMS, which requires cellular data. While iMessage will work with wi-fi, SMS/MMS will not.

Does the Android user have their Data enabled to communicate in and out?

Check out this guide to follow and trouble shoot:

https://www.imobie.com/support/iphone-group-messaging-not-working.htm

softech
Oracle
Oracle

It seems to be a common issue. 

Are you on the latest iOS?   Some people got it resolved after updated to the latest iOS.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mk99 wrote:

Hello!

I don't have an iPhone but for that specific group can you go into that chat setting and set your phone to only send SMS/MMS and not iMessage?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mk99 

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

Need Help? Let's chat.