cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send Textg messages

saajid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Friends, I am using an old phone of mine LG Nexus 4 for the time being.  Problem is, I cannot send any text messages, I can receive them make or receive a Call and do everything else on the phone but, cannot send any text messages.  I think somehow the # in the message center has been changed.  I do not know how to o to the mesage center to correct the #.  If anybody can help me out, would be really appreciated.

32 REPLIES 32

saajid

Thank you Guys for all your help

@oglat wrote:

Can you download some other sms app and see if it's still the same

Fortunately, the member's issue has be solved. The mesaage centre number needed to be updated.

saajid

@oglat wrote:

With Public mobile, it should be the same.  But I am not sure, will check it out and will post the results for you.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

saajid

@computergeek541 wrote:

@saajid wrote:

Hi Friends, I am using an old phone of mine LG Nexus 4 for the time being.  Problem is, I cannot send any text messages, I can receive them make or receive a Call and do everything else on the phone but, cannot send any text messages.  I think somehow the # in the message center has been changed.  I do not know how to o to the mesage center to correct the #.  If anybody can help me out, would be really appreciated.

If your issue is with text messaging, please realize making changes to your APN settings cannot fix this. APN settings are only for data usage and MMS.  You could delete your APN settings completely and your text messaging should still work.

Try this:

From the phone keypaid, dial *#*#4636#*#*

Open up Phone Information

Go to the SMSC setting

Enter +16475800172

Update

Now, it just happens to be that your APN settings are incorrect, but that isn't causing your text messaging issue.

You are correctg spot on but on SMSC settings the Number should be entered as follows:

"+16475800172",145

And that worked perfect.  Good job

@saajid  Make sure you are using the native messaging app from Google and that you have applied the latest updates from the play store. Are you running a custom ROM on that phone? If yes, reset it back to the original image and factory settings.

When sending a text dial the number directly do not use contacts. If it works then the problem is with you contact settings. That happens when you use that phone abroad with a local sim sometimes it messes up the entries.

Hope this helps.

saajid

@computergeek541 wrote:

@saajid wrote:

If your issue is with text messaging, please realize making changes to your APN settings cannot fix this. APN settings are only for data usage and MMS.  You could delete your APN settings completely and your text messaging should still work.

Try this:

Go to the SMSC setting

Enter +16475800172

Update

Now, it just happens to be that your APN settings are incorrect, but that isn't causing your text messaging issue.

Thanks. will try that too.

saajid

@JC29 wrote:

Seems to be you have checked all the boxes for clearing the problem.  

What seems to be your account history?  Did you port in your old number?  Maybe porting hasn't been completed?  I have had a problem with another network about this when porting in a number (not Public).  It resolved by itself after a while.  Might have been a network glitch.

Turn off you phone at night and try it out in the morning.  Phone restarts sometimes don't resolve problems but turning it off and on most of the time will.

While you are at it, maybe you can try to use a 3rd party messaging app for the time being.  If that one works, then at least you have a partial solution for the time being.

Thank you for your reply.  I have not changed my number for last 2 years. and I am witgh PM since 2013 and I never had a problem like this.  I tried everything you mentioned but still a no go.

saajid

@JC29 wrote:

What seems to be your account history?  Did you port in your old number?  Maybe porting hasn't been completed?  I have had a problem with another network about this when porting in a number (not Public).  It resolved by itself after a while.  Might have been a network glitch.

Turn off you phone at night and try it out in the morning.  Phone restarts sometimes don't resolve problems but turning it off and on most of the time will.

While you are at it, maybe you can try to use a 3rd party messaging app for the time being.  If that one works, then at least you have a partial solution for the time being.

Thank you. Will try that too

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@saajid wrote:

Try this:

Go to the SMSC setting

Enter +16475800172

Update

saajid

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Could this be it. Not something in familiar with but it might help?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Message-Center-Greyed-Cant-send-texts-but...

Will try that as soon as my phone is charged.  Thank you for your help

saajid

Thanks for your try.  As I mentioned, it has something to do with the message center Phone #. I just need to know how to get in there to double check. Hopefully someone has the same phone as mine and will help me out.

I'm at a loss. Perhaps someone else will have some ideas other than the full restore.

saajid

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Did it change or go back to Telus on reboot?

No it did not

Did it change or go back to Telus on reboot?

saajid

@saajid wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

That's likely your issue and the solution is often the reset. Will your phone let you change your APN or create a new one with my settings?

If not and the network reset doesn't work, I believe your in for a phone backup and a factory restore. Big step but I feel it might be the only solution.

Yes it allows me to change the APN settings.

Just tried with tghe same settingsas yours but, still a no go.

Give that a try.  Match mine exactly. Enable data and restart your phone.

saajid

@ChuckYeah wrote:

That's likely your issue and the solution is often the reset. Will your phone let you change your APN or create a new one with my settings?

If not and the network reset doesn't work, I believe your in for a phone backup and a factory restore. Big step but I feel it might be the only solution.

Yes it allows me to change the APN settings.

saajid

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@saajid wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Also check your APN settings and see if they refer to mms in APN type.

Click Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

I have exactly the same thing except the first 2 lines they are different than yours and MVNO type is none

Can you post them? If not what do the first two lines say?

This one should be the same for sure?

First line: Telus

Segcond line: sp.telus.com

@saajid wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Click Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

I have exactly the same thing except the first 2 lines they are different than yours and MVNO type is none

Can you post them? If not what do the first two lines say?

This one should be the same for sure?

saajid

@ChuckYeah wrote:

These are mine:

saajid

Tried everything but, no go.  If I could check my message center thaen I might have some clue

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

saajid

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Have you tried resetting your network settings? It is the first step recommended when switching to public mobile on an lg phone.

Yes, But no go.

saajid

I get an error message saying that mesage cannot be sent. Is there anyway you can let me know how to go to the Message center on my Phone?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

These are mine:

Have you tried resetting your network settings? It is the first step recommended when switching to public mobile on an lg phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.