cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send MMS.

torres
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been reading similar posts on my mms problem but none seem to be working for me. 

I have all the correct APN settings. My data works. I have data on when I try send an mms. I am using the default android messaging app. I can receive mms which is odd. I just can't send them. I get the message "not sent. Tap to try again". Any ideas? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

torres

I completely forgot to follow up on this sorry! I bought a new phone and now have no mms issues. I'm going to say it was the phone. I had many problems with the Umidigi F2 so I am glad to be rid of it. I do not recommend that phone. Thanks for everyone's assistance.

@darlicious  Thanks, good to know.

@torres   Did any of the suggestions help to resolve this for you?   If not you'll need to submit a ticket/message to moderators, unless the issue is with your phone..

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@torres what's the make and model of the device?

is this happening to all numbers?

go to the Play store and download the latest "carrier services" by Google LLC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@torres , does the APN type field have entry "default,supl,mms" without the quotation marks?  If not try adding it, save changes, reboot phone.  

@dabr 

Having no SMS texts remaining or no data will not effect outgoing or incoming MMS.

@torres 

Try clearing out your cache in your texting (MMS.)

@torres  I'll give you a suggestion to try. BUT it is Very Important to backup all your texts if they are important and save any pictures somewhere before doing so as doing this may result in all your messages being wiped.

Go in your settings to apps and find the message app. 

First clear the cache. Then open the message app again and try sending a picture.

If not working. Go back in the app and clear the data also. Then try.

Screenshot_20210105_175311.jpg

  

You could also uninstall the message app and reinstall it.

again very important to backup all your texts if they are important.

torres

Did this but no luck. Thanks though.

torres

Ok I tried taking out the sim leaving the phone off for a minute but didn't work. I am on the $15 plan so I have the 250mb plus the bonus 2gb data for the holidays. Thanks for your help though!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @torres ,

Are your Chat Features enabled? If so, disable this feature, then try again.

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  3. Turn Enable chat features off.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@torres wrote:

I've been reading similar posts on my mms problem but none seem to be working for me. 

I have all the correct APN settings. My data works. I have data on when I try send an mms. I am using the default android messaging app. I can receive mms which is odd. I just can't send them. I get the message "not sent. Tap to try again". Any ideas? Thanks.

@torres   Really not sure why your outgoing MMS aren't getting sent if there's no problem with incoming but you could first just try rebooting your phone.   You can also try powering off your phone, remove the SIM, wait a few mins before reinserting and restarting your phone.   If you have a spare phone available maybe try your SIM in that one.

Hopefully other users will be able to offer more suggestions for you but if nothing is helping you can submit a ticket/message to moderators either by by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen or send a private message to Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit:  btw what plan are you on, hopefully not the discontinued $10 plan with only 50 outgoing texts available?  Although I do see you only signed up for the community recently and therefore would most likely be a new customer with no text limitations for current plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.