cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive some text messages nor calls

stefvanwyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently switched over from Rogers to PM and I do not receive text messages from my brother nor my dad (but I receive them from my co-worker).  I have an iPhone but she doesn't.. nor does my dad/brother.  People cannot call me, and when I call my phone from a landline I hear a constant beeping.  Did I make the transfer incorrectly?

Thanks!
Stephanie

24 REPLIES 24

davidchicoyne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its been 5 days without my phone...constant emails and messaging to Public Mobile. Had a moderator message me today and he had the BALLS to ask me what the problem was ,,,,after explaining it to 10 different people already. Shouldn't it be written on the work order when they opened up the ticket ?????

Have to find another plan with another company. OVER 10 YEARS HERE and thousands of dollars paid and i can't get a sim card problem fixed..... can't even get them to respond.

I call the retailer in Ontario, explained it to him, he called and messaged public mobile, and they won"t answer him either..

this is truely BS

@Anonymous wrote:

@davidchicoyne wrote:

its showing  NO SERVICE,,,,

my bill gets paid on the same day every month for over 10 years,,,

never had this problem before, but its causing me lots of trouble

Yes. As above...in the self-serve.

Wow. You started at the beginning of time of the original Public Mobile eh.

Do you still have an old original plan? All plans nowadays are 30 days..not a set day each month.

Even if davidchicoyne was a customer since back in 2010, that wouldn't make any difference. Telus/Public Mobile forced all remaining customers from before the takeover to take new plans.

@davidchicoyne wrote:

my plan is,,,,, 25th of each month

As @Anonymous mentioned earlier, your plan fees cannot possibly be due on the 25th each month. Public Mobile does not have monthly plans. The only possibilities are 10, 30, and 90 day plans for current customers. This means that the date can change around each month.

Over 10 years, the time of month that payment is due can change around quite a bit, and based on that I'm wondering if the plan might be suspended due to non-payment.

davidchicoyne

my plan is,,,,, 25th of each month

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidchicoyne wrote:

Yes. As above...in the self-serve.

Wow. You started at the beginning of time of the original Public Mobile eh.

Do you still have an old original plan? All plans nowadays are 30 days..not a set day each month.

@davidchicoyne wrote:

davidchicoyne

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidchicoyne wrote:

yes i did, it didnt work

Is your service showing as active?

Maybe try manually adding a dollar into your account and restart the phone.

davidchicoyne

yes i did, it didnt work

@venkatareddi wrote:

I am also unable to recieve or make either calls or text even though the Public Mobile SIM got activited and this number got ported 2 weeks ago from Virgin. No clue what to do, please help

For starters..try cycling phone off / on to see if that gets you going. Does you old sim still work in the phone ?

Let us know.

venkatareddi

I am also unable to recieve or make either calls or text even though the Public Mobile SIM got activited and this number got ported 2 weeks ago from Virgin. No clue what to do, please help

kimchurch

my add on expired yesterday (Monday) but this problem started on Saturday - I have tried re-booting - I have not had this problem before & have used the USA add on quite a few times, took about 4 hours yesterday but was finally able to send a message to the moderators

@davidchicoyne wrote:

i submitted a ticket last week because my sim card stopped working...i tried my wifes sim card and it worked perfectly, so its not my phone..... havent heard a word back from public mobile !

i'm in eastern canada and in a remote area AND REALLY need my phone.

i have wifi and can receive messages on messenger, but no phone and no text....

i've been with public mobile for over 10 years... figured i would get a better respoce to fix this problem

@davidchicoyne 

If you have not heard back from moderator within 48 hours, you should resubmit a ticket.  Did you try your PM SIM card in your wife's phone?

@kimchurch 

@kimchurch wrote:

I had a USA add on last weekend, my phone was fine until Saturday, so a week since I was using my USA add on - I do this alot & have not had any problem changing back to Canada - though almost everytime I have to get hold of them because the USA add on won't work, they almost everytime have to do something on their end to activate it

It is a known glitch in the system.  When your US roaming add on expires on the 10th day, the text does not work.  Usually, it will fix by itself within 24 hours.  You could contact moderator to try to fix again.  Try rebooting your phone also.....  

davidchicoyne

i submitted a ticket last week because my sim card stopped working...i tried my wifes sim card and it worked perfectly, so its not my phone..... havent heard a word back from public mobile !

i'm in eastern canada and in a remote area AND REALLY need my phone.

i have wifi and can receive messages on messenger, but no phone and no text....

i've been with public mobile for over 10 years... figured i would get a better respoce to fix this problem

kimchurch

I had a USA add on last weekend, my phone was fine until Saturday, so a week since I was using my USA add on - I do this alot & have not had any problem changing back to Canada - though almost everytime I have to get hold of them because the USA add on won't work, they almost everytime have to do something on their end to activate it

@kimchurch wrote:

anybody have any idea why all of a sudden I cannot receive any text messages??? I can text people phone people & receive calls but cannot receive any text messages

By any chance did you just come back from a trip from the U.S. and were using a U.S. roaming add-on that included text messaging?

kimchurch

anybody have any idea why all of a sudden I cannot receive any text messages??? I can text people phone people & receive calls but cannot receive any text messages

stefvanwyk

Thanks for your help!  I will submit a ticket.

@stefvanwykSounds like you will need to contact the moderators to let their tech team figure out what's wrong. Click on the ?, talk to Simon about your problems, once he get some gist of what's going on. Type in Submit Ticket and it will create you a ticket for submission.

stefvanwyk

The transfer to PM was done a month ago.  Yes I had voicemail with my old Rogers account, and two weeks ago I setup my new voicemail with my message (name) recording.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@stefvanwykHow recent is recently? Do you have voicemail with your Rogers account? During porting aka transfer of number, usually all incoming calls are still routed to the old provider until the port is complete.

2phones

Sometimes it's takes a bit for the port to fully go through. 

A few phone resets might work as well.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. 

If your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance by submitting a ticket. To get a ticket click the ? on the lowerr right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit ticket", and follow the directions to do so.

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

When requested be ready to provide the following info:

• PM SIM card number

• Rogers account number, exactly as shown on your bill.

• Rogers phone number

• the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill

• an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.