cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cannot receive some text messages nor calls

Hello,

I recently switched over from Rogers to PM and I do not receive text messages from my brother nor my dad (but I receive them from my co-worker).  I have an iPhone but she doesn't.. nor does my dad/brother.  People cannot call me, and when I call my phone from a landline I hear a constant beeping.  Did I make the transfer incorrectly?

Thanks!
Stephanie

Oracle

Re: Cannot receive some text messages nor calls

Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. 

If your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance by submitting a ticket. To get a ticket click the ? on the lowerr right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit ticket", and follow the directions to do so.

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

When requested be ready to provide the following info:

• PM SIM card number

• Rogers account number, exactly as shown on your bill.

• Rogers phone number

• the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill

• an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes it's takes a bit for the port to fully go through. 

A few phone resets might work as well.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stefvanwykHow recent is recently? Do you have voicemail with your Rogers account? During porting aka transfer of number, usually all incoming calls are still routed to the old provider until the port is complete.

The transfer to PM was done a month ago.  Yes I had voicemail with my old Rogers account, and two weeks ago I setup my new voicemail with my message (name) recording.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stefvanwykSounds like you will need to contact the moderators to let their tech team figure out what's wrong. Click on the ?, talk to Simon about your problems, once he get some gist of what's going on. Type in Submit Ticket and it will create you a ticket for submission.

Thanks for your help!  I will submit a ticket.