cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls / text

joerome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a public mobile official reseller. I have a client that can call out, but cannot receive incoming calls, and receiving incoming text message. The # is not call forwarded. We tried a new sim and it has the same issue. 

Can the moderator sent me a PM please?

Thank you. 

22 REPLIES 22

@joerome wrote:

i am a tech myself...tried all the possible test and solution. 

this is for sure a public mobile side issue. 

I guess it's just a waiting game now....great movie though.

joerome

i am a tech myself...tried all the possible test and solution. 

this is for sure a public mobile side issue. 

@joerome wrote:

We put the sim into another phone, same result and we gave the client a new sim. Same problem.

While waiting for a mod...hardware/software issue? Look for updates. What kind of phone? IPhones have an I message setting requiring it to be enabled I think. Not my area of expertise by a long shot. Maybe a techie can chime in...

joerome

We put the sim into another phone, same result and we gave the client a new sim. Same problem.

joerome

Great, thank you for your support.

@Dunkman wrote:

@joerome 

Maybe try putting SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

If hardware issue, try a few things:

1. Reboot phone

2.  Network reset

3.  Toggle airplane mode on and then off after a few minutes.

If PM service issue, try the stolen/phone trick.  If not working, may need to contact moderator as above 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

@Dunkman  I do believe the OP and client has tried all this already.

@joerome wrote:

The client does have a login. He is on the $50 plan. So we know it's more a matter of running out of minutes. 

Our store is located in ottawa. 780 baseline rd. We don't charge clients for the sim if we are activating a line. Our email here is joe@joeunlock.com

Thank you for your support. 

I will remove my post if this violates any rules here.

Awesome thanks! I went to Confederation S.S. and Earl of March S.S. so I know exactly where you are located. I have some friends I'm still in contact with there...ill send them your way if they decide to switch and need a SIM card and/or activation.

@joerome wrote:

We have try all that. We even give the customer a new sim card. Same results. 

"Hello my name is Simon and the things I draw come true...."

@joerome  At the moment messaging the moderators for help is best thing to do. Since their response is up to 48hrs it is important that your client creates a community profile to reach the moderators as his profile when submitting the request through Simon (?) will verify his "identity" and allow access to his account by the moderators before contact and just generally speed up the process versus you doing it for him. It will also allow contact asap instead just your working hours...obviously if your assisting a pwd then that is a different situation and can be mentioned in the ticket/msg to mods. Any more questions please ask and tell your client to keep an eye on his private msg box for a response. 

@joerome 

Maybe try putting SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

If hardware issue, try a few things:

1. Reboot phone

2.  Network reset

3.  Toggle airplane mode on and then off after a few minutes.

If PM service issue, try the stolen/phone trick.  If not working, may need to contact moderator as above 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

joerome

I am on the retail list. 

780 baseline rd.

joerome

The client does have a login. He is on the $50 plan. So we know it's more a matter of running out of minutes. 

Our store is located in ottawa. 780 baseline rd. We don't charge clients for the sim if we are activating a line. Our email here is joe@joeunlock.com

Thank you for your support. 

I will remove my post if this violates any rules here.

joerome

We have try all that. We even give the customer a new sim card. Same results. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious  hopefully @joerome  is in the retailer list. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/store-locator. 

if not he should ask to be.

I also can't agree more with the advice to get to know the community and  waht to include in messages, as   we started off thinking ait was a porting issue because that is the most common cause with not receiving calls and sms.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@joerome  Great advice here...try everyone's suggestions after creating advising the client to create a community profile and submitting a ticket via Simon (?) to the moderators. May I suggest you participate in the community a little more to so you can help your clients troubleshoot issues as they come along. The help articles and older knowledge base can be very helpful in navigating public mobiles site and using your/the clients account. Type questions or key words in the search bar to find solutions to common problems such as the clients current one. Click on the one that's suggested or click go for a list of questions/solutions similar to yours. Lost/stolen trick might sort it. Airplane mode on/ off for a few minutes is worth a try. Also check settings sometimes certain things can turn or off inadvertently. Try the SIM card in your phone.

On another note....we are very happy you sell public mobile SIM cards and help do activations. I love to support the little guy. As you should not self promote your business here....we constantly get asked where to buy SIM cards and the like....

As a community member and asking on a personal basis. Where are you located? And what is the name of your shop? Please no link we can look that info ourselves and then supply it.

* Oracles am I breaking any rules here? If so I'm sorry a

@joerome Likely, better to teach that client how to create a Community account and to come here for help. Given your description moderator help is likely needed.

Meanwhile, suggest your client get an account at fongo.com. Free calling and incoming text  on wifi (or cellular data). Moderator response time is highly variable 12-120 hours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@joerome what plan are they on 50 min 50 sms? Used up? 

What does self serve say?

Lost stolen trick? 

joerome

Yes, we run a mobile shop and we sell public mobile at our store location.

Kinda like wow mobile.

joerome

This is a not a new activation. It was active since September 11. It was working fine and it just stops working.

mimmo

@joerome  out of curiosity what is an official public moble reseller?  do you work in a store like walmart, london drugs wow mobile? etc? 

mimmo

@joerome  porting form mobile to mobile takes up to 2 -3 hours landline or voip up to a week i believe.

if they are porting then its probably a stuck port and you need to resubmit the porting request, their old carrriers sim should still work.

if it is not a port ie new number then only mods can look into the account. 

mods seem to reply 24-48  hours currently.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @joerome 

Is the client porting in? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@joerome   click here to send them a message! https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.