cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls, outgoing calls work, incoming/outgoing texts work

wsscherk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I closed an account at Bell, and was able to port my old number to my new phone/account with Public Mobile. All is well except that when folks try to call my number they get a 'number is not in service.' I've chatted with Simon and tried to open a ticket, but I cannot manage to send one off.
The local Public Mobile dealer is a super-efficient and helpful person. I don't want to go whinge at him until I try everything in the community.

Bell released my number on Feb 16, I got the new phone and Public Mobile account on Feb 20th.  My dealer made sure that the old Bell number was ported to the new phone, speaking with a person at Public Mobile. I left the store happy and did not notice the no-incoming calls problem till yesterday.  I've done all the suggested 'fixes' up to and including power-off/remove SIM, replace SIM/Power on ... and was hoping there might be something else I can try. If no solution presents itself, I will have to go hound the dealer. Any help happily received!

8 REPLIES 8

wsscherk

Hello gblackma,

I thought to let you know that the Moderators were able to rectify the situation, and I now have full service with in/out calls, in/out SMS texts ...

Thank you for steering me in the right direction when our first efforts did not quite work out.

Best regards,

William

@wsscherk this is a direct private message link to the moderators  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of the screen.  This is where the reply from the moderators will show up.

wsscherk

Dear NDesai, thank you kindly for the response. I spent an hour trying to get a ticket accepted ... there was some information that somehow did not 'click' with the software so I was unable to get a ticket sent in.  I will try again.

Barring a magical overnight solution, I will revisit the Vendor/Dealer nearby, as he is an expert and very helpful and pro-active. I wanted to make sure I tried my best to seek solutions from the Community and that I tried my best to lodge a ticket.

Best wishes and thank you again.

wsscherk

Thank you for the response, Prabhatwalton -- the issue is not coverage, as I am able to make voice calls and send/receive texts/SMS on the new phone.  There are five cell phones in the house ... as well.  As for your suggestion to reinsert the SIM card, I did that twice, but no luck in receiving voice calls. Thank you very much for taking the time to suggest solutions!

wsscherk

Thank you for the reply, will13am -- Sorry to have left confusing information. I cancelled my Bell plan when I lost my phone. The number associated with the old/cancelled service was ported by the vendor/dealer when I bought a new phone and signed up with Public.  When I said Bell 'released' my number, I meant that once my Bell service was cancelled, Bell no longer had a lock on my number, and so the vendor/dealer was able to 'claim' it for my account with Public.

I really appreciate the response. Hope this one makes the situation clearer and closer to resolution.  And yes -- the number now associated with my new phone is there on my account settings with Public. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@wsscherk , I am a little confused by the information supplied.  You mentioned that Bell released your number on February 16.  However, you did not get a Public Mobile account until February 20.  It is not possible to move your number over to Public Mobile until the account is created.  So, where was the number from Bell released to?  As far as releasing numbers go, all that you need to do on the Bell end is to keep the account open to faciliate number porting.  Bell is not allowed to block a number port in an active account.  Are you able to login to your self serve account and confirm that the Bell number is associated with your Public Mobile account?  

Prabhatwalton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think you might be in area where there is no proper 3G service of public mobile. Are you using your phone in basement room? It usually happens there.

Next reason could be improper insertion of sim card. Please switch off your mobile, insert your sim card properly and switch it on.

I think it should work. I had encounter with similar problem in past.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@wsscherk At this point i can only suggest you to reach out to the mod team so they can check the porting and your account status. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Be sure to provide as much details as possible so the bot can enter all the info needed to open a ticket. You should be prompted eventually to create a ticket. Follow this process to reach to create a ticket link based on your situation: Type "porting status". Then pick Troubleshooting > Continue > Still not working > Still not working. Then it will give you an option to create a ticket. 

Need Help? Let's chat.