cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make phone calls..but text messages and mobile data working good..

tharindumax1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI kindly help,

i cannot make phone calls ether no one can call me and all the calls forwarding to voice mail box .

1. i had fido post paid account and everything work good

2. moved to fido pre paid account and calls received for sometime

3. move to Public  mobile and now Not receiving call or cannot make calls. but mobile data and text messages are working..

Also i change same sim card to another samsung mobile and everything work good.looks like its about my mobile phone??

My Phone model  : Hawaii Y9 2019.(Android 9)

any help??

Thanks

Tharindu

6 REPLIES 6

@tharindumax1 wrote:

its Huwaei Y9 2019 ..JKM-LK1 -- yes duel sim 

Also i need to highlight as i was move from fido to public mobile 1day ago. and still i owe some money to fido postpaid account and will plan to pay soon. im wondering is that will effect ? do the Fido made restrictionists until im pay their bill ?

Fido will not make restrictions.

Unfortunately the issue is with your Huawei phone. This is confirmed because your plan features are fully functional with your other Samsung phone.

tharindumax1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

its Huwaei Y9 2019 ..JKM-LK1 -- yes duel sim 

Also i need to highlight as i was move from fido to public mobile 1day ago. and still i owe some money to fido postpaid account and will plan to pay soon. im wondering is that will effect ? do the Fido made restrictionists until im pay their bill ?

@tharindumax1 

That would make sense what @GinYVR researched.  

Interesting according to gsmarena, your phone would work

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)

However, directly from huawei webiste, might be more accurate.  Maybe you should contact Huawei directly or do some more research.  

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS). (For talk)

@tharindumax1Your phone is not compatible, it is missing necessary bands for voice under 3G.. however it should work under VoLTE if you upgrade to Fido or Koodo

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 6.28.28 AM.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tharindumax1, from what I can tell, the phone is compatible on 3G and minimally compatible on LTE.  Phone calls should work.  Perhaps try going to the dialer app and deleting data/cache, force close, reboot phone.  If that does not resolve it, try installing a third party dialer app. 

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_y9_(2019)-9324.php

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@tharindumax1 wrote:

HI kindly help,

i cannot make phone calls ether no one can call me and all the calls forwarding to voice mail box .

1. i had fido post paid account and everything work good

2. moved to fido pre paid account and calls received for sometime

3. move to Public  mobile and now Not receiving call or cannot make calls. but mobile data and text messages are working..

Also i change same sim card to another samsung mobile and everything work good.looks like its about my mobile phone??

My Phone model  : Hawaii Y9 2019.(Android 9)

any help??

Thanks

Tharindu

You can try the lost/stolen phone trick.

Logon to your self-serve account. Report your phone as lost/stolen. Turn off your phone. Wait 5 minutes. Report your phone as found. Restart your phone.

If this fails, you can try adding a token amount (like $1) to your Available Funds of your self-serve account.

If problem persists, you will need to contact Moderators.

Click on the "?" at the bottom right, enter "submit a ticket" and "contact us" to get started.

Response time can vary from a few hours up to 2 days.

Nevermind.

Did you say calls are working with your Samsung phone?

If this is the case, then your Huawei is the problem. PM uses 3G frequencies 850 and 1900 for calls.

What is the exact Huawei model?

Does your Huawei have dual SIM capability? Try putting PM SIM in the other SIM slot.

Also you can try a network or factory reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.