cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make phone calls but can receive phone calls

zhangstanley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Starting Sunday October 13th, my dad's phone, the LeEco Le S3 LEX 626 got the "Phone is locked please try again in 28 seconds" message after typing his PIN in. This message persists no matter how many times he types his pin in.

Now, he can only get incoming calls, and cannot make any outgoing calls on his phone. When an outgoing call is made, I hear the voice mail "Sorry we cannot complete your call. You don't have an active long distance add on and this add-on is not covered by your plan. Get an add on by calling *611". I transferred the SIM card onto a new phone to see what happens, and I was unable to make outgoing calls on the new phone as well.

When I asked TELUS for help, they were not able to help me - they said I'd have to get a new phone.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is there a way to unlock it without losing data on the phone? My dad has a lot of important data on his phone which we had not backed up yet. Any suggestions on what we should do to fix the problem?

Please let me know! Help would extremely be appreciated please. Me and dad would be extremely thankful.

9 REPLIES 9

zhangstanley

Oh I see, then does that mean bootloader doesn't have anything to do with the phone lock? 

My dad said he accidentally dropped the phone from the desk when the issue happened by the way. Could it be because something happened with the connection in the phone when it dropped, and it locked the phone?

My other issue with the sending/receiving calls has been solved! Paying for the add-on worked

zhangstanley

Yes! I think this is the issue. I don't see the usage line. I'll purchase the add-on, and see if it'll fix the issue! Can't beleive I didn't think of this before, thank you!

@zhangstanley wrote:

I see, but in fastboot mode, it says (bootloader) Device unlocked: true? So maybe there is still hope?

Bootloader locking does not prevent using the phone. Most phones have bootloader locked. It only means custom rom can't be installed.

There are quite a few google and youtube entries about this issue. If I were you, I would try some of them. It's hard to give any better advoce without knowing the phone or the issue as you could imagine.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zhangstanley wrote:

Starting Sunday October 13th, my dad's phone, the LeEco Le S3 LEX 626 got the "Phone is locked please try again in 28 seconds" message after typing his PIN in. This message persists no matter how many times he types his pin in.

Now, he can only get incoming calls, and cannot make any outgoing calls on his phone. When an outgoing call is made, I hear the voice mail "Sorry we cannot complete your call. You don't have an active long distance add on and this add-on is not covered by your plan. Get an add on by calling *611". I transferred the SIM card onto a new phone to see what happens, and I was unable to make outgoing calls on the new phone as well.

When I asked TELUS for help, they were not able to help me - they said I'd have to get a new phone.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is there a way to unlock it without losing data on the phone? My dad has a lot of important data on his phone which we had not backed up yet. Any suggestions on what we should do to fix the problem?

Please let me know! Help would extremely be appreciated please. Me and dad would be extremely thankful.

@zhangstanley  If your dad is on a limited calling plan ($15) then it's possible that he has used up his outgoing call minutes allotment. Best to just purchase the 500 minute add-on for $5.00. The add-on will stay on the account untril all used up and is a good idea because it works as a backup to avoid similar problems in the future.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@zhangstanley 

If you dad has the $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes and 100 outgoing minutes, check the usage line on his overview page.

I have used 36 minutes out of 100 minutes.  If you do not see the usage line, your dad had used all 100 minutes for the current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    36  /  100 MIN

If your dad used all 100 minutes, you can purchase the $5 500 minutes add-on for him.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhangstanley 

If you dad has the $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes and 100 outgoing minutes, check the usage line on his overview page.

I have used 36 minutes out of 100 minutes.  If you do not see the usage line, your dad had used all 100 minutes for the current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    36  /  100 MIN

zhangstanley

I see, but in fastboot mode, it says (bootloader) Device unlocked: true? So maybe there is still hope?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Google says the bootloader has gotten locked by accident. Most references indicate factory restore, Im afraid.

Need Help? Let's chat.