cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make outgoing calls

Alvito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

"Sorry we cannot complete your call since you don't have an active account. To make a payment to reactivate your account please push *11 to make a payment from your phone"

I'm on autopay, I remember getting both text messages. One reminding me to pay, and another thanking me for my payment.

After reviewing my account it shows that my loyalty and auto pay discounts were added but there was no transaction line showing payment from my account.

Where can I check my autopay details? Nothing has changed on my end.

18 REPLIES 18

Alvito

Mods have taken care of updating my credit card on their end. Also received $20 credit for the 4 days I was without service.

Happy once more.

Alvito

Thanks?

@Alvito wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Alvito wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Alvito wrote:

I've sent them a PM.

I don't believe in flukes when it comes to billing. Somewhere along the way the transaction was not completed. I'll wait for the moderators to respond.

Thank you.

You may have already read on the forums that AutoPay isn't 100% reliable.

Unfortunately PM billing system isn't top notch and glitches can happen.

To help ensure a smooth renewal each month, the recommendations are:
1 Manually top-up prior to each renewal to ensure there is sufficient amount in your Available Funds,
2. On your renewal night, stay away from Self-Serve. The process goes thorugh multiple steps and lasts until afternoon the next day. As long as your phone is working, all is well.

Please keep us updated if Moderator_team has anything to add.

This is the first I'm hearing of it. If the system is not 100% reliable, then it should either be fixed or discontinued. Issue a paper bill to my address before the renewal date and I'll pay it before the deadline.

PM should not continue a method of payment that they know is flawed. As I said earlier, I've been inconvenienced by not having access to calls, texts and data. I hope there is some incentive as part of the resolution to keep me happy.

This is a public community forum. I do not work for Public Mobile.

No system can be 100% error-free.

Please message chat with the Moderator regarding your concerns. 

Can you please read the thread? I've said numerous times that I've PMed the moderator team and I'm waiting for a response/resolution.

Public Community Forum? Cool.

You don't work for Public Mobile? I never thought you did.

No system can be 100% error free? I accept that, but the company should not be complacent with 96% efficacy, they should always be working towards 100%. Let me be clear, thats my main concern. Eliminate the problems, so I don't have to come back here to complain about this in another 6 months time.

Message the mod team? I've done that. You can stop suggesting that now. In fact, I'd appreciate if you just stay clear from this thread altogether, you have not been very helpful at all.

I can feel your fustration. Good luck!

Alvito

This has nothing to do with a new activation. I've been a customer since late 2016 or early 2017.

Alvito

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not going to do that. I'm afraid if I top it up manually, autopay will somehow kick in later and charge me double. 

Alvito

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Alvito wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Alvito wrote:

I've sent them a PM.

I don't believe in flukes when it comes to billing. Somewhere along the way the transaction was not completed. I'll wait for the moderators to respond.

Thank you.

1 Manually top-up prior to each renewal to ensure there is sufficient amount in your Available Funds,
2. On your renewal night, stay away from Self-Serve. The process goes thorugh multiple steps and lasts until afternoon the next day. As long as your phone is working, all is well.

This is the first I'm hearing of it. If the system is not 100% reliable, then it should either be fixed or discontinued. Issue a paper bill to my address before the renewal date and I'll pay it before the deadline.

PM should not continue a method of payment that they know is flawed. As I said earlier, I've been inconvenienced by not having access to calls, texts and data. I hope there is some incentive as part of the resolution to keep me happy.

Can you please read the thread? I've said numerous times that I've PMed the moderator team and I'm waiting for a response/resolution.

Public Community Forum? Cool.

You don't work for Public Mobile? I never thought you did.

No system can be 100% error free? I accept that, but the company should not be complacent with 96% efficacy, they should always be working towards 100%. Let me be clear, thats my main concern. Eliminate the problems, so I don't have to come back here to complain about this in another 6 months time.

Message the mod team? I've done that. You can stop suggesting that now. In fact, I'd appreciate if you just stay clear from this thread altogether, you have not been very helpful at all.

johnpaul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

johnpaul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alvito has your problem been resolved? This happened to me last weekend after activating my SIM. This is a result of a payment system issue. Just add to you available funds (via your enrolled credit card or voucer) the amount owing. Once you have available funds equal or higher than the amount owing, your service will immediately activate. Auto-pay does not work reliably. Don't depend on it.

@Alvito wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Alvito wrote:

I've sent them a PM.

Thank you.

Alvito

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Alvito wrote:

I've sent them a PM.

Thank you.

Jess516

Sometimes this happens the day the payment comes out before the actual payment is received.  Should not be for a long period of time.

@Alvito wrote:

I've sent them a PM.

Thank you.

Alvito

I've sent them a PM.

Thank you.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Alvito   I think it's just a fluke that the autopay didn't work!  You could send a message to the Moderator_Team and ask them to check up on why it happened. 

Alvito

I also see this message:

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

Which doesn't make sense because I am on autopay, but autopay didn't charge my credit card this time.

Alvito

@GR wrote:

One of my accounts that was renewing 1 night ago did the same, got the text and everything, checked the account and the autopay 2$ and friend refferal were marked but it never charged the card for the rest so I clicked make a payment and applied it and everything worked

That is one solution that should help immediately. But I want to know why this happened and resolve it so it doesn't happen again in 3 months.

My credit card info is still the same, nothing has change. I'm not sure why Public Mobile didn't charge my card. I'll wait for a moderator to look into this for me.

GR
Mayor / Maire

One of my accounts that was renewing 1 night ago did the same, got the text and everything, checked the account and the autopay 2$ and friend refferal were marked but it never charged the card for the rest so I clicked make a payment and applied it and everything worked

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Click "Payments" then "Manage autopay"

Need Help? Let's chat.