cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make outbound calls

nadeeshshan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am having issues making outbound calls on my public mobile phone line. I can receive calls with no problems. I get the error message that I cannot make long distance calls even though the calls being placed are local numbers in Toronto. I have tried rebooting and removing the sim but no luck. 

3 REPLIES 3

Save-my-name
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It happened to the first time I tried Public Mobile. Don't hesitate to ask for help and email the Moderator_Team they will help you out! Welcome to Public Mobile!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@nadeeshshan wrote:

Hi,

I am having issues making outbound calls on my public mobile phone line. I can receive calls with no problems. I get the error message that I cannot make long distance calls even though the calls being placed are local numbers in Toronto. I have tried rebooting and removing the sim but no luck. 

You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. As long as you have minutes left (are not on a limited calling plan) your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nadeeshshan wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried putting a 1 infront of the number you are calling?

When the message is done does it dial the number or does it disconnect you? If it still connects then just ignore this "standard" warning

Need Help? Let's chat.