Did you mean: 

Cannot make local calls. Get message saying I don’t have long distance plan

Kathieknox
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

31 REPLIES 31

I put my photo back...check again.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am wondering if there is a problem with your actual plan setup. If you look under data plans and add-ons it says you have 1G at 3g speed, but it says you have used 118MB os 2048MBs (that is 2 GBs not 1Gb as stated first.) I am wondering if this may be causing problems. It would be worth mentioning to the Moderators.

Kathieknox

Ok not sure I remember what you posted to make sure I’m sending the right thing. Was very helpful that you were so clear and used the red pen to highlight. 3CCD628F-ED1C-49FC-8D82-9F1DCF083D31.jpeg

@Kathieknox, can you post another screen from the My Account screeen for me?  Here’s my example.  You can get directly to this screen buy clicking on the Plan Details on the overview screen.  

im looking for what is listed in the red circle.

9D795E45-2266-4BDE-BF0F-3B100C3003E5.jpeg

Photo deleted by stonechucker.. blackout wasn’t dark enough.

Modified to blackout better.

Kathieknox

I have posted the screen shot requested. 

Moderator sent link that does not work either while on wifi or not (as told to do via their message) 28ED5C5D-5D62-405E-8B63-D38E361254AF.png

Kathieknox

FBC72604-FAE5-46EE-B0C5-1EE3289CF9BD.jpeg

There is what I was asked for. If I can’t solve tonite I am going to switch carriers tomorrow. This is way too time consuming, frustrating and being without data and local calls is not safe.  

Kathieknox

I’m not sure if you were able to see my last post/message. 

3rd time in one week...cannot get data or make local calls. 

I want to ditch public mobile. Moderators say there is nothing wrong (when they get back to me eons later...)

Here is what the community asked for from my account:

sheesh...it won’t let me post the screen shot now 

Kathieknox

Thanks so much for your reply about the LTE. I don’t understand it especially as the technical person said that was the route of problem but I trust you!

AGAIN tonite I am without data and without ability to make local calls. Moderators, when they do get back to me eons later, say there is nothing wrong. I have reset APN and network 3 x. I would like to get my $50 credit in my account refunded to my credit card. I suspect that won’t be possible with public mobile, am I right?

It is unacceptable and not safe for me to be without ability to make local calls and use data. 3x in one week is too much. 

I appreciate people in the community trying to help. Alas, it has not solved the problems. 

There should be more information shown under the plan status near the top.  Appears some5hing is wrong with the page formatting.  Try another screen shot of this page again if you can please.

@Kathieknox

Just reading the other thread.

There will not be any extra options when you select LTE on your iphone. Not 100% sure but that may have been with an earlier version of IOS or different carriers, but with my up to date 6 and a PM SIM there is no other option, LTE On or Off, that's it.

You were able to reset the network and fix your long distance issue...what about data, still nothing?

Can you screenshot your payment history?

Overview - Payment - Payment history.

You can select the time frame so go back to before the issue started the first time.

Kathieknox

6820350D-BE15-4FE2-B6B3-9BFA10711FB4.jpeg

There it is. You can see they have added long distance twice. But I think they same problem exists and will happen again. I have managed to reactivate the long distance minutes by resetting the network. 

When I go to LTE it still does not give me the 3 choices that are supposed to pop up when you tap on it 

The first screen you see when you sign in to “My Account” is the plan overview page.

Kathieknox

Thanks for trying to help me. 

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by the overview page. Could you elaborate please?

I keep getting booted off the community site and have to keep logging in through the whole procsss each time. I have the box checked to remember me but it’s not working. I must be doing something wrong. 

Can you screenshot your overview page, minus any personal information?  Maybe there’s something being overlooked.

Kathieknox

Thanks for your reply 

I know it doesn’t make sense but what they did last week was add long distance minutes to my unlimited account for local calls and texting and that allowed me to make local calls. They gave me 500 minutes long distance and there is no way I have used 500. I was worried that this would only be a temporary fix and it looks like that’s true. First moderator said it was a problem with back end of public mobile. I will again try to get help through Telus as they saved the day last week on both the data and local calls problems. But if I can’t get rhis solved tonight or heaven forbid I get it solved and a moderator refreshes my phone I will likely lose it all again. 

They did not read my last reply to them saying I had fixed it 

Kathieknox

Thanks for your support. Unfortunately it has been 5 days for replies. I have fixed the data issue as per a previous post of mine but I am again without ability to make local calls. A second week of this stress trying to get help and not having a phone that functions isn’t something I think I can tolerate. I have a $50 credit in my account but I’m ready to lose that and go to Freedom. This is too much. 

@Kathieknox, this sounds very strange.  Adding minutes on an unlimited plan means nothing if you’re trying to make a call within the same province, let alone the same area code.

What happens if you let the message finish, does the call go through?  If yes, there is no problem, as that is what is supposed to happen. I’m not in the 416, but I know I have to dial some numbers in the 226 with a 1 first, as they are long distance calls by definition.

if they do not go through, then it’s either a provisioning issue, or you’re on the $10 50/50 plan, but you say you’re not.

It's typical that they get back to you within about 48hrs...or so. I know it's frustrating. Hang in there !

Kathieknox

Thanks..yes I have done that. But what happens is it takes them a week to reply and then I am stuck without use of a phone for calls or for data. 

When first problem arose last week (not able to make local calls;kept getting message that phone not equipped for long distance. They put 500 long distance minutes on so I could make local calls.) Now I can’t make calls again. And there is no way I have used 500 minutes. And now again I have no data. 

I cant wait for another week or more before resolution.  Moderator “refreshed the provisioning of account” and now I’m back to square one with nothing working. After I had spent all that time sorting and fixing. 

I suggest you reply to the last email that PM moderator sent to you and explain your issue. Good luck.

Kathieknox

For the second time in one week I cannot make local calls and I have no data. Why???

I am ready to switch carriers!!

A moderator wrote back AFTER the problem had been solved and apparently adjusted something and now I have both problems all over again! How do I escalate this to a moderator again??

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kathieknox  as a stop gap since data works and you can receive calls,  Install the fongo voip app.  this will give you a free canadian number that you can call out from untill the mmods fix your outgoing calls.  if you have android phone i thing you can even use google hangouts to make calls and set it up to use your number (vis sms verification or something) 

Kathieknox

Hi mimmo 

thanks very much. 

I can receive calls and texts and make texts. Data seems to be fine although I’m usually using wifi. 

Yes play says active and that I have a text and talk plan with some data. 

Account says active 

I have the $32 plan 

i will try to pm them again and provide more details. Thanks so much for your help. 

d-d-d-dan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I feel like maybe it's related to specific cell towers.  I had this issue near my workplace (as did somebody else on PM), but the moment I leave the area, outgoing calls begin working again.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kathieknox  what plan do you actually have?   does anything else work> can you receive calls  sms use data?  your plan says active correct?  and plan details say you have a talk plan?  just double checking.

mods are replying last i heard 48hours  so when you contcat them include all theneeded info.

if the reply time does nt work, then one possile workaround  (depending on the plan you have) is you could  try doing an immideate plan chnage to the $10, 50 minute plan and see if that  resets your acount. 

contacting mods see below

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Kathieknox

Yes I have tried turning off and taking SIM card out. 

All numbers are local and I have tried repeatedly since yesterday with no change. Account looks exactly the same and is paid up until mid October. 

How can I reach an administrator for help? Thanks 

Kathieknox

I still have same problem of not being able to make local calls and get the same message from public mobile that I am not set up for long distance. 

I have turned off phone. Removed he SIM card and put back in. 

I’m calling numbers I have previously called without problem. They are all in 416 area code which is where I am calling from. I have repeatedly tried to call different and the same numbers since yesterday. My plan has  not changed and there is nothing different under my account when I look it up. No charges are due for another month. 

It is not safe for me not to have use of my phone to make calls. 

How can I resolve this and get an administrator to sort this out?

Many thanks. 

Han_15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try turning your phone off and on again? (to reboot the carrier)

Perhaps the number you called were out of province by any chance?

Kathieknox

No not on the $10 plan. Unlimited text and calls in Ontario. 

Still not working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And what plan are you on? If the $10 plan then maybe you're out of minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.