cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls - Please add a long distance add-on

Double_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I have 100 minutes Canada-Wide calling plan based in BC.

I have not used all of my minutes and when I make a local call I get a message saying that "please add a long distance add-on" to complete the call.

I have sufficient minutes and am making a local call. I should not matter if I am calling Ontario.

The moderator is not responding to my message. I have tried calling with +1 before the number and have restarted my phone with no success.

Please resolve this problem for me.

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

So I believe the lesson we learn here is...

If we have a limited calling plan and the circled line is missing from our account overview page, then we have used up all of the available calling time

If we attempt to call, we will get a message saying "please add a long distance add-on" to complete the call.

Fortunately there are Calling Add-ons available and these minutes won't expire (as long as we keep an active plan).

@LovesToPM 

It's the same thing even for the in-plan data and add-on data items in that section. If they're there then they're not all used. If they're not there then they're used.

Same for limited minutes in the $10 and $15 dollar plans and same for limited texts in the $10 plan.

So I believe the lesson we learn here is...

If we have a limited calling plan and the circled line is missing from our account overview page, then we have used up all of the available calling time

PM overview add-ons.jpg

If we attempt to call, we will get a message saying "please add a long distance add-on" to complete the call.

Fortunately there are Calling Add-ons available and these minutes won't expire (as long as we keep an active plan).

Here's your Add-on options for calling FROM Canada... 400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

$15
200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

$8
Those minutes don't expire until you use them up, as long as your base plan stays active.They roll over at end of month until you use them. Good deal, huh.

Double_J

How much is a 200 minute add-on? Can I call Canada Wide with those minutes? What about USA and International? 

What happens if I dont use all the 200 minutes by the end of the month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Double_J wrote:

There is no line there. But if I have used all my minutes then why doesnt it state that I have used all 100 minutes?

It's one of many quirks of the system. You should have received a text from 611 saying you had 10 minutes remaining. The indication that you're out is simply that you can't make or receive calls. And then NOT seeing the line in your overview. The same thing will happen with your 250mb data. Once used then that line will disappear too.

I recommend getting the 200 minute add-on or moving up to a plan with unlimited calling either provincial or nation wide.

Double_J

There is no line there. But if I have used all my minutes then why doesnt it state that I have used all 100 minutes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Double_J 

Under Data and Add-ons lower down on your overview page...do you see a line having to do with number of minutes? If you don't then you've used all your minutes.

ie. 100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk

Double_J

I told you I already  contacted them but they do not respond. Does anyone even work for this company?

Double_J

I cannot call any numbers across Canada.  I have 100 minutes Canada wide so I should be able to call any number. Its registered and not new. I have been a customer for 1 year and just switched my plan over last month

Double_J

Did you not read my post? YES I did try dailing +1 before the number and it still does not work.

Also, I should not have to dail +1 to make calls.

Double_J

I have confirmed I have minutes available. I am able to text and use data but not for calling. When I check my account it does not provide details about usage for minutes but when reviewing my plan details it says I am on 100 minutes per month.  Only voice calls do not work

ChrisSJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If all else fails 

You should contact the moderator team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is wired, if you have sufficient mins shown on your account, but you cannot make a local call. it takes up to 48 hours to get back to you.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Double_J   Are you able to call other numbers?
What's the area code you cannot call? Perhaps it is new or not yet registered?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Double_J  Confirm you do have minutes left by logging into your account. Do texting and data still work? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Double_J wrote:

Hi,

I have 100 minutes Canada-Wide calling plan based in BC.

I have not used all of my minutes and when I make a local call I get a message saying that "please add a long distance add-on" to complete the call.

I have sufficient minutes and am making a local call. I should not matter if I am calling Ontario.

The moderator is not responding to my message. I have tried calling with +1 before the number and have restarted my phone with no success.

Please resolve this problem for me.

Did you try with or without the 1 before the number? Is your account ACTIVE?

Need Help? Let's chat.