cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make any calls - please help

Nayak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I can't make a local call because it is telling me it is long distance

I have a province-wide calling plan, but when I try to call my friend's number, which is a local number (the same Toronto area code as my own), I get the following message:

"Sorry we cannot complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add on..."

it continues on asking me to purchase the appropriate add on.

9 REPLIES 9

@Nayak wrote:

I’m on a $15 plan

@NayakYou have used up all your outgoing minutes. The $15 plan includes 100 minutes of outgoing Canada-wide calls. You have unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting and 250 MB of data.

Note that calls to check your voicemail count towards your calling time.
As with most prepaid services, calls are rounded up by the minute. Also the timer starts right after you dial.

TIP: Check your voicemail messages from another device. It's free to do so.

You can buy Calling Add-Ons for additional talk time

=> $5 for 500 Canada Long Distance minutes (1 cent per minute).
=> $8 for 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes (4 cents per minute).
=> $15 for 400 International Long Distance minutes (3.73 cents per minute).

These Add-Ons do not expire as long as you have an active plan. Unused minutes roll-over to the next cycle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Based on how long it takes for your $5 for 500 minutes add-on takes to use up and how close you get to your data limit of 250 MB, you might consider moving up to the $25 plan with unlimited calling and currently 1GB of data with autopay. However, don't do it wait away as you will lose the remainder of your current plan and if you purchase the 500 minutes, the rest of them will be wasted as you are now unlimited Canada-wide.

The longer you wait the more value for your $$.

@Nayak wrote:

CC3EFB35-E8C8-4F80-8A6C-32500BA3E2EC.jpeg

I see this on my account. 

@NayakIt appears you ran out of minutes. Best to purchase the 500 minute Canada wide add-on for $5.00. The 500 minutes never expire and can be used when you plan runs out of minutes in the future. 

Edit: You can purchase the add-on via selfserve or dialling 611 on your phone.

@Nayak $15 only have 100 minutes of outgoing calls.. You can purchase a $5 add on for extra 500 minutes of local calls.

Nayak

I’m on a $15 plan

Nayak

CC3EFB35-E8C8-4F80-8A6C-32500BA3E2EC.jpeg

I see this on my account. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Nayak are you on the 10 or 15 dollar plan? check on your data and addon section if you don't see any minutes you are out you can buy a 500 minute add on to carry you through

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Nayak 

If you have minutes left, give the lost/stolen trick a shot, Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Nayak wrote:
I can't make a local call because it is telling me it is long distance

I have a province-wide calling plan, but when I try to call my friend's number, which is a local number (the same Toronto area code as my own), I get the following message:

"Sorry we cannot complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add on..."

it continues on asking me to purchase the appropriate add on.

@NayakIs your plan unlimited minutes or are you on a limited calling plan? If it's limited then you need to make sure you haven't used up all your minutes. Make sure your plan is active by dialing 611. Also, try adding a 1 in front of the call to see if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.