cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get pictures in Text

tlajdavis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for a few years but just moved my sim card to a new phone. (zenfone 5q). I have data, texts, phone etc but cannot receive pictures in a text. I have triple checked my APN settings including the case etc.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

Fritz

Thank you for providing this. I'm new to public mobile and using a k20 plus (my Windows phone finally died lol). I just moved from Telus and so far so good. I'm on the $35 plan and hopefully will see the $10 off for 8 months promotion start showing up (apparently it can take awhile and only starts coming off on my next monthly payment which is set to auto). But the lack of picture text would have been a deal breaker for me. But with this added I know yet send and receive no problem.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tlajdavis wrote:

Woohoo that worked! 🙂

@tlajdavis  Could you let us now that which way made it work? There are three suggestions people have made.

This way the other people would benefit.

tlajdavis

Woohoo that worked! 🙂

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@tiajdavis Make sure that Data is turned on. If it is try going into your self-serve account and reporting your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found then restart your phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the complete APN settings.  The key settings fields are MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port and APN type which affect MMS. 

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tlajdavis wrote:

I have been with public mobile for a few years but just moved my sim card to a new phone. (zenfone 5q). I have data, texts, phone etc but cannot receive pictures in a text. I have triple checked my APN settings including the case etc.

Can anyone help?

@tlajdavis  Most of the time the issue is that MMS is missing from the APN type. If possible can you post a screenshot of your APN settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.