cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot dial 437-972-XXXX number

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've activated service on PM, but I can't seem to dial a Toronto, ON 437-972-XXXX number (calling to a Fido/Rogers Wireless number). The reason for this is probably that the prefix and exchange isn't properly recognized yet because it's a new area code, and the core network believes it to be a long distance call. 

Is it possible to pass this information onto Telus' support team?

4 REPLIES 4

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @chrstyles,

thank you for getting in touch with us !

If you're experiencing any issues making local phone calls, please send us a private message including your details and we will look into it for you.

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@chrstyles happens often with newer exchanges

To test instead of dialing 437-972-XXXX try dialing 437-972-YYYY or 437-972-ZZZZ

If random numbers also do not work then send a private message to Moderator Team

If random numbers do work then there is something wrong with -XXXX specifically

@chrstyles wrote:

Hi,

I've activated service on PM, but I can't seem to dial a Toronto, ON 437-972-XXXX number (calling to a Fido/Rogers Wireless number). The reason for this is probably that the prefix and exchange isn't properly recognized yet because it's a new area code, and the core network believes it to be a long distance call. 

Is it possible to pass this information onto Telus' support team?

Public Mobile's calling plans don't follow traditional local call area rules.  In any event, you will need to send a private message to the Public Mobile moderators to get this fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrstyles, do you have a +1 in front of the number?  If not, try adding it.  If you already have it, try removing it.

Also, let the moderators know what is going on.  They might be able to do something about it from at the network level.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please let us know what happened.  There have been several reports of problems with new area codes (including 437).

Need Help? Let's chat.