cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to cellular data services

mi5259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I was just outside the country for a month and now that i'm back i'm unable to connect to data services.  My phone shows it's connected to 3G but using any data just brings up an error saying i haven't registered any cellular data services.  Checked my plan and i have plenty of data available. 

Phone i'm using is the iphone 6se

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36

mi5259

Yes SIM PIN is off.

Also, if it helps, I'm able to make phone calls which is good just no data services.

@mi5259 wrote:

Yes I got a SIM card while in Japan and used that while there.

I've tried resetting both Cellular data and Network settings but no luck.

It does show isp.mb.com under cellular data  services hotspot though.  That doesn't go away when i reset

Can you confirm that the SIM pin is off, although it probably isn't that, some carriers apparently have then defaulted on.

-Did your account get suspended from lack of payment? Because of the message it seems like an account issue.

mi5259

Yes I got a SIM card while in Japan and used that while there.

I've tried resetting both Cellular data and Network settings but no luck.

It does show isp.mb.com under cellular data  services hotspot though.  That doesn't go away when i reset

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@mi5259

settings - celluar -celluar data network

Hit reset

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Was the phone used on a different carrier network?  I am not totally familiar with iOS, but I thought there is some kind of carrier reset function to address connectivity issues like this. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@mi5259 wrote:

Hey,

I was just outside the country for a month and now that i'm back i'm unable to connect to data services.  My phone shows it's connected to 3G but using any data just brings up an error saying i haven't registered any cellular data services.  Checked my plan and i have plenty of data available. 

Phone i'm using is the iphone 6se

Thanks!

Did you check you APN settings. They may have change to another network but not changed back when you got back here.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Need Help? Let's chat.