cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Data

Kempffc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I have been with PM for two years, no problems until today. All of a sudden I have no data. My account has lots available, my wife's identical LG Stylo has data, I have tried redoing the APN settings, pulled battery and sim card, no luck.

Please help

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Kempffc

Just to clarify, what I did by swapping cards with my wife's phone, which is identical and was working fine, really shouldn't have worked. Niether sim card had been touched for two years and both had worked fine until that day when I lost data. I can't say for sure that any proposed solution was the one that worked, personally I think it was FM (Freakin' Magic)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hycm53 wrote:

That’s pretty weird. I think it probably is PM network’s problem. 

@hycm53 I respectfully disagree.  If it were a network issue, both phones would have been unable to use data when in the same location, and swapping SIM cards would have had no effect at all.  Based on the available observations, I would suggest that the SIM card in @Kempffc's phone needed re-seating.  But it's hard to say since it didn't work in his wife's phone. But it sounds like a physical card contact issue, I believe.

@foreveryeg wrote:

Move from Auto network toto Manually choosing PM reset your phone and also that will increase your battery life as it's not always serching for a network that's just a extra tip for everyone it really makes a difference! 

@foreveryeg Uhmmm yes there may be a slight battery increase but choosing the network manually should have no effect on his ability to access data.  Zero.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kempffc

Thanks, good tip. So far I haven't  lost data again since swapping cards back and forth, not sure why that should work but what the heck, it did.

BTW manually selecting your provider also prevents randomly hooking up to US cell towers if you live on the boarder like we do.

Thanks again

foreveryeg

Move from Auto network toto Manually choosing PM reset your phone and also that will increase your battery life as it's not always serching for a network that's just a extra tip for everyone it really makes a difference! 

@Kempffc wrote:

I have plenty of data available as I said, have swapped sim cards and my wife's worked in mine but mine did not work in hers. Swapped cards back and now they both work!

No idea what happened or why it is fixed. Will seehow long it lasts.

Thanks

That’s pretty weird. I think it probably is PM network’s problem. 

Kempffc

I have plenty of data available as I said, have swapped sim cards and my wife's worked in mine but mine did not work in hers. Swapped cards back and now they both work!

No idea what happened or why it is fixed. Will seehow long it lasts.

Thanks

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kempffc 

Log into self serve, maybe all your data is gone and used up, if its missing from add-ons you know its all used up. Then switch your sim cards with your wife and see if the problem switches also and you will know either if its the phone or network causing the problem

@Kempffc wrote:

Hi

I have been with PM for two years, no problems until today. All of a sudden I have no data. My account has lots available, my wife's identical LG Stylo has data, I have tried redoing the APN settings, pulled battery and sim card, no luck.

Please help

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.