cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call or receive calls, but can send/receive text and use data

Alix87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I opened an account with Public on Wednesday and transfered my number over from Fido. There was some problems with the transfer to my number (but I could use my data), so I went back to London Drugs where I got my plan, and there they told me that within 2h max I should receive a text from Public to confirm that my number was correctly ported (which I did). 

Since then, I am able to use my data and to send and receive text, but probably not all. I can't make calls or receive calls. 

What can I do now? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Alix87

@geopublic 
Thank you for your answer. That was the problem. I checked and my phone is not compatible on Public Mobile 3G network. I guess I'll have to change phone...

One more thing you can try while you are waiting for a response from the moderators is trying your SIM in another phone to see if you can make or receive calls with it. Otherwise just wait for the mods to help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alix87  For calls Public uses 3G so you need to make sure that your device is not set to use LTE only. Data and text can use LTE but you must also enable UMTS/3G on your device. If there is an auto setting pick that and everything should start working.

@Alix87 

As you wait for moderator, you could try a couple of things:

1. Toggle airplane mode on, wait few minutes, then toggle off.

2.  Lost/stolen phone trick 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Alix87

Yes, I restarted my phone and reinserted the SIM multiple times already.

I chatted with SIMon and submitted a ticket to the moderators as well.

Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alix87 wrote:

Hello,

I opened an account with Public on Wednesday and transfered my number over from Fido. There was some problems with the transfer to my number (but I could use my data), so I went back to London Drugs where I got my plan, and there they told me that within 2h max I should receive a text from Public to confirm that my number was correctly ported (which I did). 

Since then, I am able to use my data and to send and receive text, but probably not all. I can't make calls or receive calls. 

What can I do now? 

Thanks!

If it's been a couple of days then you need to submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/   You can also click the ? mark bottom right of the screen to submit a ticket to moderators.

Have you tried rebooting the phone and/or removing and reinserting SIM?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Alix87 start by restarting your phone, if that doesn't work I'd send a message to the Moderator_Team and ask for them to check in to it by clicking on the question mark on the right hand side of the page 

@Alix87 

There'a something more going on than just a porting issue. Outgoing calls should be working.

What phone model do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.