cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access to my voicemail box

WFHSU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Someone left a voicemail to me and I'd like to access it.
I tried three methods and none of them work:
call +1
push 1 until +1 is dialed
call my own number.

All the method will end up in a message telling me that I do not have long distance add-on and need to dial 611 to purchase it.
But all I want is my voice mail, not some extra feature

8 REPLIES 8

@WFHSU  are you on a limited minutes plan? If you have no minutes left, you will also be unable to call into your voicemail from your PM phone. You can use another line as previously mentioned to call your own number, or one of the many local voicemail access numbers across canada as previously posted.

If you are indeed out of minutes, you can purchase a $5 addon for 500 minutes, and they will roll over each 30 day cycle until all used up.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@WFHSU wrote:

call +1
call my own number.

All the method will end up in a message telling me that I do not have long distance add-on and need to dial 611 to purchase it.

@WFHSU , 

Which voicemail number are you set up with I wonder. Will the call connect to your voicemail if you let the message play through?

Try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

Public Mobile Help Articles, for your reference:

Set your voicemail up:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Voice mail features:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

have you tried to click on the voicemail notification on your phone. 

On samsung you usually pull down notification bar and its there. 

On apple you click on the voicemail button with the red dot. 

If you have another type of phone please let us know. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TheGx wrote:

@WFHSU :But if 306 long distance for you it will still be long distance even when it your voicemail access number.

@WFHSU 

This thread has the voicemail numbers for all provinces.  Just use a voicemail number which is local to you if your plan does not have Canada wide calling minutes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WFHSU :But if 306 long distance for you it will still be long distance even when it your voicemail access number.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WFHSU :From your Public Mobile cell phone dial+13065804001, set that as your phone quick dial when holding down 1 on your keypad.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WFHSU 

I have a limited call minutes plan. I do not use my PM number to get my voicemail.   

If I am at home,

1.  I turn on airplane mode so that my phone does not ring and go to my voicemail when I use my home phone to get my voicemail message.

2.  I use my home phone to call my PM number.  I hit * as soon as the voicemail starts talking.  Then my voicemail PIN# to listen to my voicemail.

If I am on the go and have access to a free WiFi, I turn on airplane mode and enable WiFi so that I can use my Fongo app to call my PM number to access my PM voicemail as above. i.e * and voicemail PIN#.

You can also configure your phone to conditionally forward your call when no answer to your Fongo number.  Fongo will send your voicemail sound file to your email inbox.  It is like the visual voicemail without the extra cost.

@WFHSU wrote:

call +1
call my own number.

Calling your own number should work. That's actually the way to check your message from another phone and when calling from your own phone, this works because the line is already engaged and gets forwarded to your voicemail box. Try adding a 1 before dialing your own number.

As for holding the 1 key down, it should be dialing more than just +1. It sounds like the phone number is missing from your settings. The first step, if you haven't already tried this, is to restart your phone. The voicemail number is pushed through the network and then saved on the SIM card. Sometimes, the restart of the device is needed after activation, after changing phone numbers, or after switching to a different SIM card.

By the way, +1 isn't a valid phone number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.