cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add or Edit APN (Cannot receive/send MMS)

soleil_lee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm an old customer of PublicMobile and I bought my current Samsung Ace 2 smart cellphone from PublicMobile about 1.5 years ago.

My plan has "picture messages within Canada & U.S.". However, I have never been able to receive or send a MMS (message with picture).

I have searched forum and read a few threads in regard to this issue.

Most of them ask users to add an APN of publicmobile's.

However, on my cellphone, when I select "Access Point Names" from "Mobile networks Setting", I have no means to add a new entry.

There are two existing items visible: "Telus SP" and "Telus ISP". The first one "Telus SP" is selected by default. 

I mean to edit this one since I have no way to add a new item. However, the configurations of "Telus SP" are disabled to edit. Its "APN" points to "sp.telus.com" which is different from public mobile's and NOT editable. I guess that's why I am unable to receive/send MMS.

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? I had this issue for a lot time but didn't find a time to ask before.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You're welcome!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @ckl,

Thank you very much for the link. I always enjoy learning.

Cheers.

ckl

For your moto g, you can try these codes:

http://www.nethelpblog.com/2014/11/11-practical-motorola-moto-g-secret.html

Just stay away from the hard reset/wipe data codes...

or just google "moto g secret codes" for a list.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

OK!

ckl

That code only works for Samsung phones...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @ckl,

Are you certain that the dialer code is correct?
I entered it into my Moto G, but there were no results.

FYI.

ckl

Hi lee.

It sounds like your phone is locked to Telus???

Have you tried to press the "menu" button to the left (or right) of the home button? It should pop up options to add a new APN. See if you can do that first. If not, try typing this in the dialpad: *#7465625# and report back what it says.

@soleil_lee I'm fairly sure you will have to be able to edit the APN settings on the phone for MMS to work correctly.

I'm not sure if, even on a locked Android phone, you're supposed to not be able to edit the APN settings. I'd suggest approaching a local cellphone repair store first to see what they have to say about it. Your other option would be to get in touch with PM support by email (Click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page). But I'm unsure about their ability to diagnose this particular issue, since it's clearly phone-related.

If you're not able to get your issue resolved within 48 hours of contacting PM support by email, we can also notify our community moderator, who can then step in and try to escalate your problem internally.

Please let us know how it goes - hopefully we can get your problem resolved no matter what.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Whether a customer has a plan with or without data, it makes no difference regarding the sending and receipt of MMS.

In order to send/receive MMS, ensure that Data and MMS are set in your phone's APN.

Further, if you do or do not have data, ensure that, in Settings, data is in the "on" position. That creates a connectivity portal with the Internet. Lastly, any data used in MMS does not count against your data allotment, assuming that you have one.

I hope that this reply has addressed your concern.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Just to confirm, is your data enabled? 

Does you Data work?

Need Help? Let's chat.