Cancel can't use

Darlene257
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This Sim is not compatible with my iPhone 5c. Please refund my plan and cancel

17 REPLIES 17

Cornelia_D
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you @Anonymous for your input,

It's always better to check what's going on,maybe even fix it,especially since @Darlene257 mentioned what might be a technical issue.

Let me know Darlene in the end what you'd like to do

All the best,

Cornelia_D

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cornelia_D wrote:

Hey there @Darlene257 ,

Let me also be of help with this

@sheytoonhas a good idea, have you tried and see if the phone is unlocked? if you were to put a different sim card in the phone,does it work?

Cornelia_D 

@Cornelia_D 

Just so you're aware, while the community tries to get the customer to stay around ...according to the Terms of Service, customers can ask you to have their service cancelled.

We all might think that it's unnecessary and suggesting ways to get things working (including yourself) but if that's what the customer wants then that get's into your bailiwick.

@Darlene257: You say the iphone screen says something. What exact message are you seeing on the screen that makes you say that the "iPhone does not support the public mobile carrier"? Phone off, insert SIM, turn on phone...is it giving you any messages? And if so what is/are the exact wording?

Cornelia_D
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there @Darlene257 ,

Let me also be of help with this

@sheytoon has a good idea, have you tried and see if the phone is unlocked? if you were to put a different sim card in the phone,does it work?

Cornelia_D 

@Darlene257, have you confirmed it's actually unlocked? It sounds like it is still locked.

@Darlene257 wrote:

The screen on my iphone

Ok the moderator are in your case.. so everything will be ok now. You will have the good answer for your problem and they will fix it if it’s in their hands.Smiley Happy

Darlene257

The screen on my iphone

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Someone mentioned check phone's compatibility not reliable. interesting, I put my old phone IMEI number, it shows not found, so I did not switch. After I got a new phone, I checked it again, it works. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Darlene257,

We're sorry for the trouble, please send us a private message at https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k, along with your account's information.

Thank you! 

@Darlene257 wrote:

No you are all wring, it says my iPhone does not support the public mobile carrier. Thr phone is unlocked!

Who’s the IT SAYS?

Darlene257

No you are all wring, it says my iPhone does not support the public mobile carrier. Thr phone is unlocked!

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems their iPhone is locked yo a carrier. It sould still work in the 3G network. My mom's iPhone 5C works in PM. They probably didn't realize that their sim card is adjustable. My mom thought the same thing at first time till I helped her out 

@wickedgx wrote:

Public Mobile is a prepaid service. Once you pay, your service starts for the month and there will be no refunds. You can only stop the service by not paying next month (remember to turn off autopay).

You were also suppose to check your phone IMEI before you start to check compatibility 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started 

@wickedgx 

Just as a reminder / clarification: Public Mobile's IMEI checker only reports whether the phone is black listed or not. It is not reliable when it comes to frequency compatibility and has returned many false positives.

While the OP has just disappeared without clarification of their rather vague initial post, unless my quick research is completely off, any model of the iPhone 5C should support at least the 3G frequencies (B2/1900 and B5/850) to make it work with Public Mobile, 4G / LTE compatibility will depend on the exact model.

So, we established that the SIM size can be adjusted and we assume that the phone is not black listed. If we also assume that the OP has the North American version... my guess is on the phone being locked to a carrier outside the Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile family. But there are a lot of assumptions in this already.

@Darlene257 

For common problems with iOS @CalgaryBen has put together a lot of helpful information and step-to-step instructions in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118/highlight...

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile is a prepaid service. Once you pay, your service starts for the month and there will be no refunds. You can only stop the service by not paying next month (remember to turn off autopay).

You were also suppose to check your phone IMEI before you start to check compatibility 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Darlene257 I have an iPhone 5S and the SIM card is compatible... but perhaps on your phone when you did put your sim in it it was written not compatible or something like that?? If yes that’s not the same thing and a solution will fix that. Can you tell us which message do you have if it’s your case?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Darlene257 wrote:

All PM SIMs with the exception of early issues are compatible with your iPhone. You need to use the nano SIM which is the smallest piece.

PM tri-sim.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Your phone should be compatible. If you explain your problem someone may be able to help you.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Darlene257 wrote:

Company policy is no refunds.  You can ask moderator to see if they can make exception, but how is the phone not being compatible Public's fault?   Is your phone unlocked?  If it is unlocked, iPhone 5c should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.