cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we port our current cell number to this network?

colorfulbundles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We use our phone for business, and mostly text. Can we port our current phone number to this network? Need to know asap.

7 REPLIES 7

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@colorfulbundles  As it's your business line suggest you peruse https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693, for some ideas "just in case".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colorfulbundles wrote:

I need to port a cell number, anyone know how long this provider takes to port cell numbers? My phone only has 1 sim slot, so cannot add a second sim and still use the phone.

You can still use the old service until it stops working. Then you would know that it should be working here now.

Some providers will delay things to have an opportunity to keep you. When porting is done, your prior account is closed.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@colorfulbundles wrote:

I need to port a cell number, anyone know how long this provider takes to port cell numbers? My phone only has 1 sim slot, so cannot add a second sim and still use the phone.

Porting from a cell to this PM takes 20 minutes to few hours. Mine was from Rogers to PM, took 30 minutes. But, don't port number while activating SIM card.

first, activate the PM SIM card with any number the activating process gives, i.e. do not port any number at this stage. Then follow the procedures, make sure everything works, calls in and out, text in and out.

Second, creat self-serve account, using the just activated phone number. Make sure everyhting works there, such as plan details right, status active.

Then go to change/port numbers, give the needed information (do not give more than it needs).

colorfulbundles

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colorfulbundles wrote:

Good. Any issues with porting? Is it instant or would we face delays? We have a canadian number

Not instant. I'm no expert with porting as I've never done it. Some take longer than others. There are differences between a landline and cell and voip and lesser cell services.

colorfulbundles

Good. Any issues with porting? Is it instant or would we face delays? We have a canadian number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colorfulbundles wrote:

We use our phone for business, and mostly text. Can we port our current phone number to this network? Need to know asap.

Of course. As long as it's active. And Canadian.

Need Help? Let's chat.