cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can use data but no text or calling

Gaggiemu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just switched to public and tried to send over my number from a different provider. However, I typed in the wrong number but the transfer worked so I just have a slightly different number. That's fine but my text and call do not work. Calling to the new number gets a response saying this number is unregistered ... I tried using my data though and it worked. Where should I go from here?

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Gaggiemu, it seems like you have an account set up problem.  I suggest contacting the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

BTW, it is not possible to transfer a wrong phone number.  You need to match phone number, account number and account holder name. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gaggiemu wrote:

When I tried to get a new number from public, an error message popped up. I am coming from Bell and yes my original service still works

Yes you can only change your number once every term. Does initial activation count as 1? Dunno. Someone else more experienced with porting can pipe in with whether porting counts as a change number.  Maybe it does because it uses that function. Dunno.

I had ported 2 numbers to the same PM account with 2 weeks in between.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gaggiemu wrote:

When I tried to get a new number from public, an error message popped up. I am coming from Bell and yes my original service still works

Yes you can only change your number once every term. Does initial activation count as 1? Dunno. Someone else more experienced with porting can pipe in with whether porting counts as a change number.  Maybe it does because it uses that function. Dunno.

Gaggiemu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gaggiemu wrote:

Hi,

I just switched to public and tried to send over my number from a different provider. However, I typed in the wrong number but the transfer worked so I just have a slightly different number. That's fine but my text and call do not work. Calling to the new number gets a response saying this number is unregistered ... I tried using my data though and it worked. Where should I go from here?

Perhaps try another transfer using the correct information. Which provider are you coming from? Is your original service still working?

The data makes sense.

Need Help? Let's chat.